E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - e3 reset? troubles /erratic behaviour

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:40:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  e3 reset? troubles /erratic behaviour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: e3 reset? troubles /erratic behaviour  (Read 4682 times)
vegas

« on: April 18, 2010, 12:59:53 PM »

HI,

My e3 was working but now isn't.
I took out the cards, and it worked again. then i moved it back to its location and it didnt work again so i moved it back to workbench and got it going again by adjusting the powersupply pot a bit
 except now its acting a bit weird-it starts up and i can load and all but now i dont hear my samples.
I messsed around with the 1358 code a bit-maybe thats what did it.
Is there a way to 'reset' the e3? Ive calibrated it a hundred times now.... and well at least it boots up.

Cheers
T
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »

check if there are sounds on the single outputs, if yes do this
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=600.0
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »

Look if your flat cable coming from the front panel is not pinched between tne front panel PCB and the card cage, the switch pins and diodes pins are damaging it and bringing erratic behavious, just before it puts to fire...
vegas

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:46 AM »

It seems to load ok and work ok. I guess.
I had to go under the special 1358 menu and reset some control parameters. what a machine. anyway....
I seem to have to always recalibrate to get it working right and i notice that the digits in the display move when assigning min/max values perhaps thats whats causing it.
This machine was probably sitting unused for a few years before i got it.

Cheers and thanx for all the help.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »

and i notice that the digits in the display move when assigning min/max values perhaps thats whats causing it.

No, this is normal, because when it reads there, it uses 16 bits but only 8 are used in reality !
vegas

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 04:10:36 PM »

Hi again,

I havent been able to truncate with the data slider.  I used to be able to but I suspect I adjusted something and now the data slider doesn t move when I try and truncate.  I can truncate with the up/down arrows and the left wheel scrubs through the sample and i can truncate.
I tried to take off this 'scrub truncate' but am unable to.
anyone?
cheers
t
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »

Just re-calibrate it and be at what you are doing instead of looking at girls in the same time !  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - e3 reset? troubles /erratic behaviour

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines