E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIxp ram upgrade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:14:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIIIxp ram upgrade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIIIxp ram upgrade  (Read 7148 times)
brian_ronn

« on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:03 AM »

Hi Wizards

I would like to upgrade my EIIIxp 8mb version to the full 32mb.

I understand that the EIIIx use the 512kb Dram zip ram.

The Sound logic store link from emulator archive is out of order and the MicroRam electronics site isn't easy to use.

Therefore, does any of you know any 512kb Dram zip ram stores? Preferebly in Europe.  Smiley

Best regards

Brian
Denmark

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »

Check your e-mails  Wink
lubb

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »

I would like to upgrade 8MB EIIIXP as well...

Thank you.
alphabyte

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:52:57 AM »

Hi All,

After putting in a new backlight, I am excited to put my aged EIIIxp to good use. Will digging around inside, I too feel compelled to max the RAM out. I am wondering if you have made any headway and can answer a few questions I have:

Have located a source for the DRAM?

Does this upgrade require PAL exchange and install floppy as the Emax II?

Have you been able to access the full 32MB?

Thanks in advance!

-trevor
lubb

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 02:56:55 PM »

Hi,

a few years ago I wanted to upgrade my 8MB EIIIXP to full 32MB RAM. Although I had found a source for ZIP memory modules, they were so expensive, that I decided to buy another EIIIX with 32MB RAM - for a fraction of the price of the memory modules only!!! - pulled them out from 32MB machine and put them to the 8MB machine, although - as you may imagine - I could have simply left them in the 32MB machine...  Smiley The upgraded machine (ex- 8MB) works fine now, with full access to 32MB. ..There was no need for PAL exchange...

But now, I am facing the trouble how to upgrade the other machine (ex-32MB)  Grin

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Archives/Samplers/Emulator_IIIX/E3XUpgrades/e3xupgrades.html

Sound Logic in the USA - $197 for 8 MB.

MicroRam Electronics in the USA - $128 per 8 MB 
alphabyte

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 03:13:24 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Lubb. I appreciate it.

I don't suppose you have the part number for the DRAM chips do you? I am too lazy to pull the EIII from its rack until I have the upgrades I want to make.

alphabyte

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »

Had to pull my EIIIxp from the rack again because I forgot to reconnect the headphone jack after replacing the backlight.

The RAM appears to be NEC part: D424400V-70. There is also what looks like 1MB of this RAM on the logic board, perhaps used for OS/DSP processing... just an uneducated guess.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIxp ram upgrade

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines