E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - libraries

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:23:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  libraries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: libraries  (Read 18623 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« on: April 29, 2008, 03:58:31 AM »

Hi folks!

I've seen some mass storage devices and library disks for the EIII on ebay, and I want to know if anybody's got a good library collection besides the original E-mu CDs. I'm looking for all kinds of Instruments, especially vintage analog Synth banks. But also sax and other brass stuff (simply everything). I'm mostly using my Emulators as 'sample players', instruments you know...

Greetz,
Elm.
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »

Northstar has a ton of EIII sample cds

http://www.northstarsamples.com/EmuMenu.html

I've never tried these.  Can anyone comment on them?

There is also a German Company that released Emu sample cds.  Can't recall their name at the moment.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »

The quantity of northstar seems a little disappointing... the selection of instruments sounds pretty boring, too..
then the price!

I'd really like to have something like the EII-OMI library, which is sooo big and excellent...
Any other ideas for resources?

greetz,
Elm.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »

I've got a CD-ROM called State of the art Vol.1. from Käng-kong productions

This is a EIII/EIIIx compatible CD-ROMs. It's a mix of original samples and samples from old gear (Kurzweil K250, Fairlight, Microwave, ...)
The CD-ROM isn't excellent, but that's just my opinion.

More info about it on the bottom of this page:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994_articles/oct94/emue111x.html?print=yes

David
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:50:46 PM by dvdborn » Logged
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »

The quantity of northstar seems a little disappointing... the selection of instruments sounds pretty boring, too..
then the price!

I'm guessing you meant quality not quantity?  or if not it seemed like they had a good deal of sample library cds.

What cd's of their have u heard?  I was really interested in northstar's Symphonique

http://www.northstarsamples.com/SymphoniqueEIII.html

the phase 1, 2, 3 cds looked decent as well.

I've used an 808 sample kit from northstar for the Emu Sp and it sounded great. 

Due to their expensive price I was under the impression that these would be really nice samples... perhaps not.

I'd really like to have something like the EII-OMI library, which is sooo big and excellent...
Any other ideas for resources?

greetz,
Elm.

EII-OMI is that the stock sample set that E-mu made for the EII?  If not can u tell me a little bit more please?

thanks for that info dvdborn.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:43:05 AM »

David:
I've got the State of the Art CD-Rom, and that one's really good I can tell, especially a featured Boesendorfer Grand Piano is REALLY impressive.

But the selection of other synths is pretty pale compared to the EII OMI selection. You've got any sound imaginable coming with any expression settings imaginable (nearly).

Roquez:
No, I'm not speaking of the E-mu library itself. OMI was the first company which supplied a CD Rom drive for the EII, coming with THREE CDs FULL of EII banks. Due to the fact that an EII bank just takes 500 kb space, the quantity of sounds was (and to me still is) amazing, as well as the quality. There's a total of more than 1000 banks I think. Each bank contains appx. 20 presets, varying in all kinds of settings - brilliant.

I miss such kind of a "sound paradise" for the EIII.

BTW.: The Symphonic collection of Northstar to me seems to be the most interesting one, too.

Greetz,
Elm.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 03:03:41 AM »

About 10 years ago Time & Space released several EIII Sample CD's from the Synclavier library.

I always wanted them but at the time they were too expensive for me. Time & Space still exists but they don't sell the CD's anymore.

Here's some info about the sample CD's:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan00/articles/synclavier_orch.htm

I'd love to have/buy a copy of them.

David

dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 06:56:43 AM »

Not mine. But someone might be interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emulator-III-lot-of-sample-libraries-EIII_W0QQitemZ160244369741QQihZ006QQcategoryZ41785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
massimo

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 05:25:23 AM »

Hi all,
I am new to the club.
I bought an E3 rack with the original Emu CD's (minus #3). I too am looking for more sounds, mostly symphonic and analog synths. Also, since my use of the box is playing real time and recording, I would ideally prefer one instrument sampled at its best rather than hundreds of little bits of everything in each bank. I have checked the northstar website (thanks to rokuez), but I see most samples are much more than the 8Mb Ram that is available on the E3. So these should be unplayable on an E3, right? Or am I wrong?
Any advice?
Thanks

best regards
Massimo
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 06:09:06 AM »

Yes, if a bank is bigger than 8MB, it can't be loaded. Those are meant for EIII XPs.

Currently, I'm also strongly interested in a symphonic EIII library.
If anybody knows a good one, or even has a good one, get at us!  Smiley
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »

What you could do is load an individual instrument instead of the whole bank. Often the individual instruments are <8MB.

When I had only 4MB in my EIII I used to load instruments from 8MB banks that were otherwise not accessible to me.

David
massimo

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

What you could do is load an individual instrument instead of the whole bank. Often the individual instruments are <8MB.

When I had only 4MB in my EIII I used to load instruments from 8MB banks that were otherwise not accessible to me.

David

I thought you could only load entire banks via its fron panel (i.e. dedicated switch)...or not?

best regards
Massimo
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »

No, you can load individual instruments from a bank.
Just select Preset Management and Load Preset.

You can also load individual samples from instruments.
Select Sample > Load Sample

David
massimo

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »

thanks all!
So, has anyone tried those northstar cd's with an E3 yet?

best regards
Massimo
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »

but I see most samples are much more than the 8Mb Ram that is available on the E3. So these should be unplayable on an E3, right? Or am I wrong?

Another possibility is to convert those EIIIX banks to 'normal' EIII banks, and put these banks on another CD-ROM.
EMXP supports this. It can read the EIIIX bank from the original CDROMs, convert them to EIII banks (with choice between 4M and 8M banks) and put these banks on a CD ISO image which can be burned to a new EIII CDROM with any CD burning software.
Of course a 32 MB bank EIIIX will not fit into one 8 MB bank, but EMXP will try to create multiple 8MB banks in that case. This conversion process may take some time, but most of the time it works  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - libraries

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines