E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Fallen at the last hurdle :(

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:41:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Fallen at the last hurdle :(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fallen at the last hurdle :(  (Read 4311 times)
emuulator

« on: May 16, 2010, 07:07:47 AM »

Hi all,

After nearly a year of having an EII + HD without a working HD or FD I have become a bit fed up of using this beautiful machine as just a sample wrench and decided to give it something to play with.

I bourght a Apple Mac classic compact (1991) running OS 7.0.1,  the EII==>MAC cable/digidesign/SCIC 2X CD drive.

Got the MAC running tried to copy Digidesign from floppy and to my dispair "you do not have sufficient acces priviledges".

The MAC wont let me access any control panel or install software  Cry for a moment i was considering making it into a MAQuarium lol!

Is there any way i can get around this or what would I have to do to get this MAC to work?

Best Regards
Nick
JMP

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »

Digidesign..? Don't you mean Sound Designer for the EII?

Why don't you buy a replacement 3.5" FDD and use that to boot the EII? I'm sure someone can copy an original performance disk onto a compatible 3.5" one for you.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:26:16 AM by JMP » Logged

emuulator

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

Ah yes sorry, Sound designer is what i meant, oh and i also meant SCSI instead of SCIC.

I can boot the EII as it does have a 3.5" floppy drive but i cant get any libary sounds onto the emulator(without sampling them) as i dont have any libary sounds on 3.5" and the 5 1/4" doesnt work Undecided

I cant wait to get a libary sound coming out the machine  Shocked as i only have a Yamaha CS-5 to sample from at the moment.

Thanks
Nick
JMP

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »

Nick, at what point do you get the error message..... when moving the SD file from floppy or when you're  trying to open/run it? Have you tried a different copy of the program?   

Where are you located BTW?

emuulator

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

Hi there JMP

The message comes up when trying to copy the SD onto the mac. Basically the mac is locked down, i heard somewhere that some mac classics that were used in schools had security lock sofware (to stop students changing the settings lol) i think it was called foolproof or fileguard. Perhaps this is whats on my machine but i cant find the software file as i cant access any system folders.

On geographical locationing I am in Bristol UK Smiley, btw ur youtube vids are class!

Regards
Nick
JMP

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »

On geographical locationing I am in Bristol UK Smiley, btw ur youtube vids are class!

Cheers Nick !  Smiley

Yeah, does sound like your Mac is locked down. Not sure how to sort that sorry.... , have you checked online Mac forums on this? Maybe you can format the drive and reinstall the OS? Although if you have no OS disks maybe just easier to get hold of another Mac....?   

I'm Preston, not exactly round the corner unfortunately.  Undecided

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:30:24 AM »

maybe the "new" pc <-> RS422 usb adapter made by e-synthesist could be a solution?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Fallen at the last hurdle :(

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines