E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax sound output too quiet!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:18:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax sound output too quiet!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Emax sound output too quiet!  (Read 11495 times)
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:27 PM »

I will tomorrow when I go to my Dad's. Something is definitely up- I bought a roland Jx-3p less than an hour ago (for silly money, it had a case and everything and is MINT! Smiley And that is blasting through my amp, so yeah, at least I know now something is not good with the Emax. Will report back tomorrow, thanks again for your help, I'll take some photos.
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 02:22:32 AM »

I just turned it on...and I have full volume for the first time? Wtf?!

Still taking it down my dads today though. That's so weird. I haven't done anything??

Only thing I can think off is that the amp was already on when I switched on the emax, and I heard a 'boom'- suddenly full volume?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:27:20 AM by ProudEmaxOwner » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 05:58:07 AM »

I once bought an Emax-II rack for 15 EUR - the price was so low because the output wasn't working anymore.
It behaved almost exactly as yours (no or very low output, sometimes max volume, ...).

Now... the cause of this problem was just the ribbon cable inside the Emax-II which was not perfectly connected to the boards  Wink

I guess it's not that simple with yours, and I assume you already checked this kind of basic things, but I wanted to let you know anyway...

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

Well, this gets far weirder.

Suddenly, the hard drive is working again. it has never worked since I had it. Nothing was done to it.

My dad spent 3 hours on it, we cleaned it all out (was full of grease and stank of chip fat, thankyou mr whoeveryouare from Wales who left your name on the bottom of it, next time learn how to not cross thread screws and fry your chips on it!!)

Cut a long story short...working output, working HD, everything checked and fine inside, all keys cleaned, and new backlight fitted. But.

The new backlight is bright blue- great...but, something's gone wrong...the lcd's gone funny. Before we took it apart, the letters on it were fine, now all we get is scrolling lines, so we've put it back wrong, although we can't figure out how. Any ideas what we might have done wrong?

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »

If I remember well, there are plastic washers because a standoff was making a short circuit on the LCD board.

Just look, it must be something obvious !!
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 06:42:38 AM »

Well, all is fine now. Still not sure what was wrong with the LCD, took it out and put it back in 4 times then it worked, didn't do anything different. Had a nice surprise when the HD started working, it was full of banks Tongue

Anyway, here's a pic of the nice new backlight I bought from a German site (Midirakete)

My Baby! <3

Now all he needs is his big brother, Emulator II....
alphabyte

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:16 AM »

The backlight on the LCD is going out. Mine slowly worsened over time until the backlight was completely dead. LCD itself was fine. I had it replaced about a year ago. From now on, I'm replacing backlights myself. Finally found decent prices on ebay. Added a white backlight to my EIIIxp over the weekend and it is so much more useable now. Emax will be weird with a white backlight, but, I may modify the panel LEDs to have it be more aesthetically cohesive :-)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax sound output too quiet!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines