E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Decal run?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:06:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII Decal run?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Decal run?  (Read 4208 times)
PX-7
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts on what it would take to do a small run of the silk screened EII front panel and modulation wheel decals?  EPR is out of them.  I have one contact at Emu, and I will find out if they would have any laying around.  Then there is Route 66, and everyone knows my thought about Dick.

I figure it would be quite expensive to even have 10 made.  The decal is on a plastic backing with like a clear coat.  Even if I found an EII shell laying around,.... trying to get originals off without the paint sticking to the glue of the decal is impossible.  Thirty years of glue will pull any decal apart.  I tried removing my wheel sticker and half the paint stuck and now it looks horrible.  So it's find someone with some new old stock or have the two remade.   Then once you have it remade all the square and round holes needs to be cut out perfectly.  If you mess up you have to scrap that one and use another.  It could get expensive.
I would think someone could scan the original in and clean it up with Adobe Illustrator (as some of my fonts and white silk screen has worn off in places).  I'll ask Bruce Forat, but I think this is gonna be tough.

Anyone?   Undecided
PX-7
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »

I found a place that will replicate the label.   I guess it doesn't interest anyone out there?
Cool.  More for me!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 01:39:08 AM »

very cool. please post pics when done!
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »

interested surely!!!

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
PX-7
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 01:37:18 PM »

They need me to pull both labels.  The front panel and the wheel decal.  I started to pull the wheel sticker and half the paint is coming with label the under side.  Not good.  I will use a hair dryer and some patience.   Then there is the 25 year old glue stuck on there.  The first thought is Goo Gone!  But as you all know that stuff can eat through shit if you're not careful.  I need to tread lightly here.   

My front panel label isn't bad, but the fader section's clear coat is coming off.  The rest is fine.  The wheel section looks like ass because of my attempt to pull it up.  Half the paint stayed.  Now it really looks like crap.

I was thinking of something custom, but I'm gonna pass.  Don't think so though at this point.  Don't mess up what already looks beautiful.  The decal is on some thick acetate plastic.   The company uses a digital plotter to cut the holes which is good.  They are gonna be around $80 to $100 I think for both pieces.   If you need them, than you need them, ya know?   
Drone

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »

wow sounds interesting - wouldn't hurt to get some backups.
PX-7
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »

Talking it over with Forat this weekend... I have decided not to pull off my labels.
Now I need a new top cover with good labels or someone else to sacrafice their labels
and have them redone.  And since I don't see really anyone hot and heavy for labels, I
don't think it will be done ever.   I would still pursue getting labels done if I can find a spare
top cover with labels and then go from there.   But I am not gonna go forward as the unit
I have is my sole only unit at the moment.  That could change.   I have 3 Emax 1's right now
and never intended on having any but it's just what happens.  So things could change.
Anyone selling a spare EII top cover for parts? Or better yet a new old stock label? 
Still, I would need the wheel decal. 
KEKENALII

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 04:40:41 AM »

the easiest thing to do...which I am going to do, when I get to the states...is have some made...replacated, out of the same material....its a lexan label. there are many companies that make lexan labels. all they need is a label sent to them, and they will make replications. For relatively cheap. I've got two labels, from epr I bought awhile back, so I'm going to use them to send in to replicate, and I will probably rip off my wheel label, which needs to be replaced, and send that in as well. So, if no one does it by the beginning of next year, I should have some replicated labels around march 2011 or so.

I sent my EII to FORAT earlier this year to get fixed and I asked him if he could rip off the labels and give a custom paint job, but he said he doesnt have the template for the labels, and that he'd have to charge me $250 to create a template. which, isnt that expensive, but the paint job would cost $1000 or so, so i didnt do it. I think making replacement lexan labels is the way to go. Oh..by the way, my HD was dead, and Forat fixed it...so if your HD is dead, you might want to send it to him.

I only have the EII labels and not the EII+HD label....so if someone has a EII+HD label made, i will buy it from you....so, I'm down to buy one from someone. when I make my labels I only plan to charge what it cost me, plus shipping, and maybe a $10 fee for my time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Decal run?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines