E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is there a librarian in da house?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:41:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Is there a librarian in da house?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there a librarian in da house?  (Read 4276 times)
FunkySqueek

« on: June 12, 2010, 03:13:41 AM »

Thanks to EMXP  Smiley - I now have a sizeable collection of Banks on CDroms. Thing is I now have so many great Banks and Presets I really need a librarian to keep track of them all.

My need is to read a E-Mu Cdrom/Zip/HD, extract the Bank names, Preset names and sample names too would be good, and then I can transfer that data into a database (MS Access or similar).

Does such software already exist? I can access all the data in Chick Sys, Translator (free) but can't get to do anything with it (except look at it on-screen) however it shows the data I want is available within the E-Mu CDrom.

At present my only solution is to transfer all the files from the CDrom to my PC and write a program that looks for the data, but that seems a horrible way to do it.

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »

This could be added to EMXP of course.
It would even be quite simple to do that. EMXP could create a CSV file containing the Bank names and their Presets of a disk or disk image. Samples or voices (for EIII or EII) could be listed too. CSV files can easily be imported in tools like Excel (and probably Access too).

But there are so many things that should be added to EMXP in the near future... We'll see...
Maybe in version 2.10.

I don't know about (non-vintage-Mac) software which is capable to create this kind of reports, but perhaps it exists.
captainjc

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

wow that would be really great actually!
FunkySqueek

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »

esynthesist I love you  Kiss

Many thanks for adding my request to your EMXP app, I can now extract lists of all the Banks on my CDroms. EMXP works for both txt and csv on my system, terriffic.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:12:30 PM by FunkySqueek » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »

Glad I could help !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is there a librarian in da house?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines