E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OLED Display: Some Pixels Brighter Than Others

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:59:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  OLED Display: Some Pixels Brighter Than Others
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OLED Display: Some Pixels Brighter Than Others  (Read 5138 times)
who

« on: August 15, 2018, 05:20:49 AM »

Hi All,

I have a new OLED display in my Emax and some of the pixels are brighter than others.  I assume it is a power supply issue, but before I put the Emax on the bench, I though I would see if anyone has had this problem?

Thanks!
Synthesizer.repair

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 11:25:10 AM »

Yup. 
Been seeing this more recently with some low-quality OLED modules that are being marketed by some sellers on ebay and other outlets. 
The culprits were selling crappy Chinese displays, obviously with no quality control. 
Symptoms are some pixels brightness were very dim on 2/3 of the display. 

Swapped the failing display out for one of our own quality units to resolve the problem. 

OLED modules in general consume less power than the OEM LCD + EL Backlight, so if anything you should see a reduction of load on the PSU when replacing a stock LCD. 
Just make sure that your installer knows to remove the high voltage inverter from the front panel PCB.  It is no longer needed with the OLED.

who

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 09:07:36 PM »

Thanks for the reply!  Can you suggest a display make and model?
who

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »

I found your listing on Reverb:  https://reverb.com/item/6385022-e-mu-systems-emax-i-ii-oled-display-upgrade-kit-by-synthesizer-repair
who

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 09:00:34 PM »

I purchased one of the displays listed above and it fixed the problem!  Thanks Synthesizer.repair!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OLED Display: Some Pixels Brighter Than Others

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines