E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Syntec "World Of Oberheim Matrix 12 Wall Of Sounds 5" CD-Rom

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:51:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Syntec "World Of Oberheim Matrix 12 Wall Of Sounds 5" CD-Rom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Syntec "World Of Oberheim Matrix 12 Wall Of Sounds 5" CD-Rom  (Read 3355 times)
ditabeardmemo

« on: June 18, 2010, 05:45:26 AM »

Does anyone here know if this sample CD-Rom is compatible with the original analog Emulator III? I am really interested in picking up a copy, but I'm not totally clear on whether discs compatible with the EIII XP are also compatible with the original EIII. I'm running an 8 MB model EIII.

Here is a link with some more information about this volume (scroll down to the very bottom):

http://www.onlineserviceschmidt.de/emu.htm

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »

The website is not specifying EIII, just EIIIX, which may indicate that the cdrom is not 100pct compatible with EIII.

The size of the banks/samples will most probably not be a problem.
But besides size differences, the two most important differences between EIII and EIIIX from "compatibility" point of view are:
- total parameter size: this is limited on the EIII (i.e. the number of presets and voices of an EIIIX bank may not fit into the EIII memory)
- tranposition: the EIII has rather limited pitch shift/transposition capabilities. The EIIIX allows to place a sample across the full keyboard range, while on the EIII the number of keys for one sample is limited to some octaves.

Note that you can convert all EIIIX banks to EIII banks and make an EIII compatible CD-ROM from those banks. EMXP can do this job for you. The parametersize limitation will be solved by EMXP, but... the transposition problems not since these are linked to the EIII hardware. So you might end up with banks which will perfectly load on an 8MB EIII but with key ranges having the same pitch... which can be quite annoying of course Smiley.

This probably doesn't fully answer your question, but the info may help.
BTW: Did you ask the seller ?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Syntec "World Of Oberheim Matrix 12 Wall Of Sounds 5" CD-Rom

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines