E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - No way of monitoring sound during sampling on EIII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  No way of monitoring sound during sampling on EIII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No way of monitoring sound during sampling on EIII  (Read 4080 times)
Edsta

« on: March 08, 2010, 08:18:38 AM »

Hi gang!
I've just started to use sampling side of things on my EIII but cant seem to monitor the signal as in comes in.
It samples fine and sounds fantastic. All the editing features work as they should but I can't hear the tracks coming into the unit for getting a start point.

I'm I missing something in the set up before I sample?

Cheers in advance Smiley

Live long and prosper
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

No, its totally normal, the EIII and in general E-Mu products, don't monitor in sampling mode.
alphabyte

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »

In Module 5 of Sample Management, right arrow over until you reach the "Monitor through while sampling" option. This should be set to "on." You will likely need to verify what your primary output selection is as well to ensure you are getting that signal. I typically import from an Emax II and don't sample within the EIIIxp very often. If you run into troubles, I can test and confirm the proper settings.

The Emax II and, I suspect, anything after can monitor while sampling. Forat electronics even offers a mod for the SP 1200 to allow monitoring while sampling. I don't know the details of that mod, but, I suspect they tap the signal on input rather than giving you the signal after A/D conversion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - No way of monitoring sound during sampling on EIII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines