E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII rack beginner

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:47:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII rack beginner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII rack beginner  (Read 4156 times)
oscar16

« on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »

Hi emu users. I just recently won an Emu EIII rack off e-bay and have joined this user forum to ask advice and glem any info  about this wonderous device. I've owned and used emu gear in the past, E1 - owned but reget selling Sad , E2 borrowed from friend, and now the EIII which i totally love for its warm, fat sound and ease of use.

I have a few questions about SCSI support tho as i'm now at the stage to connect it to my computer (PowerMac G5 - OSX 10.4.7) for editing and file transfer. I've got a copy of Recycle 2.0 which supports SMIDI data transfer but was wondering what type/model scsi card will work back and forth from my computer to the Emu? I know of RubberChicken software but want to use Recycle as i have a copy that runs.

I know of an ATTO ExpressPCI UL3S 66 Ultra 3 SCSI Card that is for sale, would this scsi card work?

The sampler is running v.2.42 software but only on v.1 firmware, is this a problem? I'm up on scsi ID's and know that the EIII's self terminated, so needs to be at the end of the chain.

I'm using a Iomega Jazz drive for backup but don't wish to tranfer files by that or zip disk, just scsi.
Any info concerning file transfer via scsi would be much appriciated. Thanks.   

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are!!!
oscar16

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »

Hello again. Still on the topic of scsi to EIII. Would a converter like the FR1SX (FireWire to Ultra SCSI Converter) work with the Emu? I'm trying to look for alternatives before i resign myself to have another look at a scsi card/cable setup. Any help would be appericiated. Thanks 

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are!!!
wirefall

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »

Your setup could work, but the EIII is known to be a diva regarding SCSI, at least with CD-ROM drives. My working setup: Power PC 7100/80 AV > Apple CD 300 > Iomega Jaz 2GB > EIII Rack. Also an old OMS Translator Pro Midi interface is connected to use the EIII via remote software.
All these parts are rather cheap at ibay, just in case your setup won't do the job.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:12:51 PM by wirefall » Logged
oscar16

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »

Hello. Has anyone got a copy of the EIII remote software? Is it the same app as the EIIIx remote, as i've got a copy of this running on my mac from emu achieves but the EIII doesn't respond to any commands sent via midi with this:(. Thanks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII rack beginner

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines