E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax song demo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:46:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Emax song demo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax song demo  (Read 4573 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: July 13, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »

Hi, here is a simple song cover I did as a demo. The song is Somebody from Depeche Mode. Grand Piano bank loaded. Hope you like it.

http://youtu.be/MsgfWqHcuRM

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »

Yeah it's good. I'm going to put up my Stripped cover up one of these days...
Bigmojo

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »

Ahhh memories.    <wipes tear from eye> !!!!!!!    they do sound good.  I used to play that on my Emulator II and III in the 80's / early 90's...   I am SO jealous not having an Emax or EmaxII just yet.   I need one to park up next to my Virus TI

Slightly off topic here.......... but..........  Ive seen Alan play that countless times over the years on EII in 84 and 86 I think and then on Emaxes after that using that same sample bank.  In February this year (yes 2010) I sat about 10 feet behind Alan at the R.A.H. when he went back on stage with Depeche.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigmojo/4369496415/in/set-72157623341001621/

Although I'm a  semi-pro live music photographer, this was taken on a compact as I was obviously NOT working that evening. Dont ask how much I paid for THOSE tickets.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 01:44:54 AM »

Ahhh memories.    <wipes tear from eye> !!!!!!!    they do sound good.  I used to play that on my Emulator II and III in the 80's / early 90's...   I am SO jealous not having an Emax or EmaxII just yet.   I need one to park up next to my Virus TI

Slightly off topic here.......... but..........  Ive seen Alan play that countless times over the years on EII in 84 and 86 I think and then on Emaxes after that using that same sample bank.  In February this year (yes 2010) I sat about 10 feet behind Alan at the R.A.H. when he went back on stage with Depeche.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigmojo/4369496415/in/set-72157623341001621/

Although I'm a  semi-pro live music photographer, this was taken on a compact as I was obviously NOT working that evening. Dont ask how much I paid for THOSE tickets.

Awsome!
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:28 AM »

Not to rub it in...but I actually went to one of Alan's afterparties in March, which was a private event, not a fan signing. I've admired the man since 1988, and to meet him was bloody amazing. He got me into synths. Thoroughly nice bloke, (even if he did scoff me bag of chips!) he was lovely, I'll remember it for the rest of my life!!

And yes, I remember him playing 'Somebody' on the EII. I have the sheet music for it, sounds good on the Emax too. As soon as I get a decent audio interface I'm going to up my cover of Black Celebration. Anyone here sound like Dave? I need vocals!!  Grin

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:49:46 AM by ProudEmaxOwner » Logged
Bigmojo

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 04:47:29 AM »

was that at Islington?  I was withsome of the depeche mode obsessives.  Didnt get back stage although although a couple of the guys did.  Have a few mates who have met Alan, they all say the same thing.
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »

Yep, Islington. Only the four of us got backstage who weren't family, support or crew. We froze our proverbials off for an hour and a half but bloody hell it was worth it. All the other fans who were waiting left after about 45 minutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax song demo

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines