E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMUCOMBOX builders?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:16:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EMUCOMBOX builders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMUCOMBOX builders?  (Read 4138 times)
PX-7
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »

Has anyone done this yet?  Is anyone building these boxes yet?
I would like to try it on an Emax 1.

PX-7
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:56:21 PM »

So no one has done one yet or just keeping on the down low?  I emailed Esynthesist and no answer there also.
Anyone?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

I'm not necessarily online on a daily basis  Wink

As far as I know no one has built this unit yet.
Roginator was planning to, but there's no update on his thread anymore...
So the 2 prototype devices built by Julian (no-fi) must currently be the only ones on earth.
The only thing I can say is that it still works fine with my Emax-I, Emax-II and E-II.
And besides transferring full soundbanks, I have now also been transferring individual samples (WAVs) using this device in combination with the latest version of EMXP that I'm still working on. Works like a charm ! A 50K WAV file can be sent to the Emax-I or Emax-II in just a few seconds.
(I'm adding the same feature in EMXP using MIDI too, but a sample transfer with MIDI takes much longer !)

Although it's not fully clear to me why no one seems to build this device, one of the reasons my be that the heart of the device (the Atmel AT90USBKEY board) is out of stock in almost all electronics shops for a few months already.
I guess Atmel must have temporarily stopped production. Expected delivery dates are changing continuously - Conrad mentions now a date of 16 september; Farnell (much cheaper) is still saying "delivery expected"; they are saying that for more than a month...

But there may be an alternative board (teensy) which can do the very same job. A new prototype must be built to verify that it works, before I can publish new specifications. I expect this new prototype to be ready by the end of August. If it works, perhaps I can build a few of them but I can't promise and I would rather prefer that someone else with better electronics skills would take the initiative...

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 01:42:53 AM »

Although it's not fully clear to me why no one seems to build this device

Because we all have two left hands with ten thumbs.
  Undecided Roll Eyes
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:01:50 AM »

Because we all have two left hands with ten thumbs.
That must be painful - and probably hard to play music too  Grin
gertie

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »

well id like to put my name down for one if ever they materialise.....and yes, i am left handed lol
Drone

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »

I'm not necessarily online on a daily basis  Wink

As far as I know no one has built this unit yet.
Roginator was planning to, but there's no update on his thread anymore...
So the 2 prototype devices built by Julian (no-fi) must currently be the only ones on earth.
The only thing I can say is that it still works fine with my Emax-I, Emax-II and E-II.
And besides transferring full soundbanks, I have now also been transferring individual samples (WAVs) using this device in combination with the latest version of EMXP that I'm still working on. Works like a charm ! A 50K WAV file can be sent to the Emax-I or Emax-II in just a few seconds.
(I'm adding the same feature in EMXP using MIDI too, but a sample transfer with MIDI takes much longer !)

Although it's not fully clear to me why no one seems to build this device, one of the reasons my be that the heart of the device (the Atmel AT90USBKEY board) is out of stock in almost all electronics shops for a few months already.
I guess Atmel must have temporarily stopped production. Expected delivery dates are changing continuously - Conrad mentions now a date of 16 september; Farnell (much cheaper) is still saying "delivery expected"; they are saying that for more than a month...

But there may be an alternative board (teensy) which can do the very same job. A new prototype must be built to verify that it works, before I can publish new specifications. I expect this new prototype to be ready by the end of August. If it works, perhaps I can build a few of them but I can't promise and I would rather prefer that someone else with better electronics skills would take the initiative...

Wow I'm getting the urge to just go ahead & try building this box, even though my skills are rusty to say the least.
I hope someone with the knowledge can undertake a few assemblies soon before I start wrecking pcb's. =)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMUCOMBOX builders?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines