E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax ii wanted in uk

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:54:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  Emax ii wanted in uk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax ii wanted in uk  (Read 5246 times)
Bigmojo

« on: July 24, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »

Must be working etc....

Emax 1 considered if it has a hard drive.

Keith
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:39 AM »

Both are on UK Ebay at the minute.
Bigmojo

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »

I know I've seen.  The Emax II guy seems a nice fellow. No HD though and no zip drives or CDROM... I would like to be able to get some sort of mass storage connected to it. 

The other Emax doesnt have a lot of specifications. I think its a 1 meg version ( a 1090 apparently)  Again Im not sure if I will be able to connect any sort of mass storage up to it. The thing is he is trying to position the Emax as some sort of SP1200 presumable to get the bidding up. I really dont understand this SP1200 fascination. When I had one they were considered a bit shit. NHow apparently its some sort of iconic hip hop thing.  So I think his bidding is going to go unrealistically high.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »

So I think his bidding is going to go unrealistically high.

No, it's not.
Nearly every Emax seller trys to sell it as some sort of SP 1200.
Those who want the SP won't take anything else, wether they want it as an icon, or just to make music with it.
Bigmojo

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »

This I am please to here.

Im curious though....  2 x E5000 ultras went last week for £55 and £70 respectively.  These are MASSIVELY more powerful that emaxes...  Given that what do you think realistic prices are like for them I mean, are thay a more desirable item.  Im buying for gigging so for me the option is a simple couple of controller keyboards (bought one a few days ago) and a big ass emulator IV of some kind.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:33 AM »

This I am please to here.

Im curious though....  2 x E5000 ultras went last week for £55 and £70 respectively.  These are MASSIVELY more powerful that emaxes...  Given that what do you think realistic prices are like for them I mean, are thay a more desirable item.  Im buying for gigging so for me the option is a simple couple of controller keyboards (bought one a few days ago) and a big ass emulator IV of some kind.

Emax II and Emulator III are the last "real" E-Mu pieces of gear ever produced. Everything built afterwards already is stuff from another company (creative iirc...) So this newer stuff doesn't count as E-mu (to me  Wink ).

PLUS: Be aware that the Emax II does NOT have analog Filters - the Emax I does. All Ultras and E IVs and ESIs etc also do NOT have analog filters.
Bigmojo

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »

I know what you mean. I had an EII from 1989 to 1991 then had a eIII keyboard. Also had an SP1200.  I loved them all. I had an E5000 ultra and despite all the hard drives and sheer RAM it didn't feel the same.

I was out of all this when creative took over and I was disappointed to hear about it.  If only EMU would produce a proper hardware sampler again. An edgy one.

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »

My Emax HD cost me £250 which is slightly steep, but I'd wanted one for ages, and it has hundreds of disks. I'm happy!  Grin

If you check out DX5 on YouTube, he has a video comparing both models, the Emax 2 sounds slightly less warm because of the digital filters, but I'd still get one If I saw one cheap enough. The SP1200's are going for an extortionate rate on Ebay (over a grand?!) but I did see one on Sound on Sound for £600, which probably got snapped up the minute it was put on. Even sodding Drumulators are going for a mint these days.
Bigmojo

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:57 AM »

I know the machines very well from when they were first around. To be honest I much prefer the sounds of the Emax1 and Emulator II because they did have a kind of industrial feel to them rather than the high CD quality sound of the later instruments that akai and the like were doing.

i would pay 250 for an Emax HD if I could see it.  these items were too far away from me to view first before bidding and went too high for what they were.
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 01:56:42 AM »

Yeah, had to drive 70 miles to get mine after looking for months. Well worth it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax ii wanted in uk

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines