E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - "No presets exist" message

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:33:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  "No presets exist" message
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "No presets exist" message  (Read 4178 times)
PFM

« on: July 31, 2010, 02:35:27 AM »

Hi,

I've installed an ACARD 7720U, IDE CF card reader and CF card into an EMAX II. It formats and boots from the card but as soon as I press any menu button on the EMAX II panel, the screen says "no presets exist". I check the memory (MASTER 2) and both sample and preset memory is all zeros!

When using a SCSI hard drive it's fine. I've tried other IDE hard drives and CF card readers, and the same error comes up, so I'm guessing it's the ACARD BIOS (which is 3.89).

Has enyone had this issue with the Emax II, Emax or even EIII rack?

Thanks,

Mike

2 x Emulator II, 2 x Emax II Turbo, and 2 x ESI4000
PFM

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:37:43 AM »

Managed to format 2 x 2Gb flash cards and copy across banks from internal hard disk. Downgraded the Acard BIOS from 3.89 to 3.88 then 3.64. The EMAX II will boot from either CF card and will scroll / display the banks on screen but won't load anything. I've tried different SCSI cables and have a spare Acard. All with the same result. The jumpers have a unique SCSI ID (2) and both termination and term power are enabled. I've also tried term power disabled. It cannot be this hard surely?? I've never had any problems with SCSI hard drives, Jaz, Zip or CD-ROMs. Argh!

2 x Emulator II, 2 x Emax II Turbo, and 2 x ESI4000
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - "No presets exist" message

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines