E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E-mu Emulator 1 blank disks ??????? factory used which type???

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:37:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI General Discussion
| | |-+  E-mu Emulator 1 blank disks ??????? factory used which type???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E-mu Emulator 1 blank disks ??????? factory used which type???  (Read 2703 times)
emilio

« on: August 10, 2010, 09:52:08 AM »

I know E-mu used SSDD 5.25 disks to issue original sounds on.  Where they 96 tpi or 48 tpi ?
were their blanks formatted? which brands did they use?  Does anyone have a source for original type blanks or other brands of the exact type? is anyone willing to sell any of these ? or original disks ? DId E-mu issue a holder or box to store disks in for the Emulator 1?

please help if you can   josepedrocarlos@gmail.com
lubb

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »

Hi,
the answers for your questions are there>
http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Archives/Samplers/E1Overview/E1Technical/e1technical.html

I can only add that I use double-sided double-density disks without any problems. They are still available new. However, in the EI user guide the single-sided disks are slightly preferred for a maximum data reliability. But as far as I know, they are not available in open market any more. E-mu used SSDD Dysan diskettes for their factory disks. If you want to format your own EI diskettes, you have to have the User Format Software.  

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:04:26 PM by lubb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E-mu Emulator 1 blank disks ??????? factory used which type???

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines