E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Bloody data slider's gone...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:00:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Bloody data slider's gone...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bloody data slider's gone...  (Read 3211 times)
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« on: August 11, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »

Started off with it jumping all over the place, now it only works one out of five times, and when it does, it jumps 5 banks at a time...one of me keys has gone (cleaned all contacts and springs...) and my Korg Electribe has blown its transistors. Bloody great day all round then!

Any ideas?
alphabyte

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »

Data sliders aren't too difficult to replace if you can get the part and are comfortable with a soldering iron. As for the dead key, double check that the contact wire is properly connected. I had the same problem after completely disassembling my Emax II keybed. It may be a simple fix  Smiley
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:06 AM »

Thanks- I managed to find someone who was cannibalising an Emax so I got replacements for my three smashed keys (do people drop things on their keyboards or what?!) but I can't find anyone selling the parts for the slider.
alphabyte

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »

I recently purchased some replacements from EPR Electronics. However, they are located here in the US. I suspect you are in the UK? Might be a bit excessive for a single slider, but, if there are other parts you need it might be worth looking into placing an order.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Bloody data slider's gone...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines