E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HDs of today for Emax HD?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  HDs of today for Emax HD?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HDs of today for Emax HD?  (Read 3548 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »

Hi guys, do you know if for instance a 2gb SCSI HD you can find everywhere for nothing will work on an Emax HD? I mean, formatting it with 20mb or whatever size the sampler desires or we need to find a C/H/S compatible drive?

Thanks.

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
rtech

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

I dont think it is possible. I have a Emax SE HD rack version and the only one it would take is a 250MB SCSI hard drive from an old Mac. But then again I only tried one model of 2GB. Once I tried the 25?MB one and it worked I did not try any other one, since it would be worthless since it would not use the extra space.

rtech
alphabyte

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »

I'm thinking of giving one of these a try in my Emax II or EIIIx. If it works out well, I will consider adding them to all of my samplers if I am able to add SCSI.

http://www.scsiforsamplers.com/cfcard.asp
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

Be careful with these ones.

When I ordered one from them, it was assumed to work with Emax, Emax-II, EIII, ....
But it turned out to work with none of them.
After some discussion, they sent me another SCSI/IDE adapter board.
They had been using different boards for a while because the "good" board is not produced anymore and they had no stock of them anymore. After a while they could put their hands on another batch of the old boards, so I received one of those after-sales.
This solved most of my problems, but the drive is still not working on my Emax SE. The Emax can format and save banks to the CF card, but loading banks fails. BTW I'm not the only having this problem.

The good news is that it works fine on the Emax-II and the EIIIX.

Note that after my initial problems, J.D. from SCSIForSamplers removed most Emu samplers from his compatibility list. Then after I reported that the new adapter board was much better, all Emu samplers appeared again on his website.
As I said, this is almost true, except for the Emax SE/HD.
...unless he has yet another SCSI/IDE adapter board now which even supports the Emax-I Wink

That being said, I'm using their (external) CFCARD drive almost daily now with my Emax-II and that combination works really great.
alphabyte

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:12:26 AM »

Good info to have. I appreciate the heads up.

I would be happy to add internal CF to the EmaxII and EIIIx so I don't have to listen to whining hard drives anymore. As for the Emaxes, well, it may be best to get back floppy drives for now or just use a zip drive if I can make the SCSI upgrade happen.

Will also do some more research regarding the HxC Floppy emulator. Seems so close, yet, so far...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HDs of today for Emax HD?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines