E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello from a new Emax II user

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:17:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II General Discussion
| | |-+  Hello from a new Emax II user
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello from a new Emax II user  (Read 2734 times)
Oleg

« on: February 14, 2013, 06:27:44 AM »

Hello, everybody!
I've just bought locally an 8Mb Emax II keyboard without HDD, but in good condition and for cheap - for the equivalent of USD 300. To say that I am happy is to say nothing. To find such an instrument here in Moscow, Russia, is not impossible, of course no, but extremely hard. And by the way, just to mention the local price tag on the vintage E-mu gear: a recapped Emulator II+ HD with 1 Mb RAM costs USD 2400. Not bad, huh ? :-D
I am also very glad to find such a great site in the world-wide scrapyard and wish to express my enormous respect to Esynthesist and to thank him for the admirable work he has done ! I am willing to exchange info as well as rare and custom soundbanks, as soon as I get/create something to share with the honorable community. Personally I am especially interested in the Alan Wilder's soundbanks.
Peace !
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:08:32 PM by Oleg » Logged

Let's have a Black Celebration!
Oleg

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:23:09 AM »

Well, it turned out, that it was actually a 4 Mb machine,  Undecided an early 2205 model. Anyway, the sound is fantastic, and it looks cooler than star wars' cruiser ! Grin
And the seller provided me with a Syquest drive and several disks. Old, but cool as well. And one of them contains the SE Development soundbank, I know some people are after, so I can share it without problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:25:54 PM by Oleg » Logged

Let's have a Black Celebration!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello from a new Emax II user

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines