E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Just got an EII+

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:32:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Just got an EII+
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just got an EII+  (Read 2987 times)
schmidtc

« on: September 02, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »

Hello forum,

I traded a friend for his EII+ last night, and I can see now why these machines have such a dedicated following. I've got a lot to learn. It needs less work than most, new backlight, new slider / cap, new switches. I think I found sources for all the parts. There's a far amount of power supply hum bleeding through; anything special I should know about re-capping the PSU?  I'm probably going to order the service manual from transanalog. A spare drive, test eprom and a bunch of floppies seem like good things to have, and I could use some recommendations on where to find these things. 

Big thanks to the people in this forum for providing an awesome resource.

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »

Out of interest, where did you find the source for the caps and switches?
schmidtc

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E-Switch/32001E11BLK/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvzv9EAOJZmO7DFh87bGkY1

http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/cp-l175/knob-slider-19x9mm-4x1-2-shaft/dp/766756?Ntt=766756
ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »

Eh, I need the rotary knobs, lol. Thanks though, didn't see the push button one before, may come in useful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Just got an EII+

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines