E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need info !!! DISPLAY for SP12, EMax, EMU II...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:41:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emulator Parts Guide and Group Buys
| | |-+  need info !!! DISPLAY for SP12, EMax, EMU II...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: need info !!! DISPLAY for SP12, EMax, EMU II...  (Read 3568 times)
roginator

« on: September 06, 2010, 06:46:16 AM »

ok guys i found this displays on EVILBAY ....

they are no more than 4 Euro each with shipping !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/HD44780-1602-LCD-Modul-Display-Anzeigen-2X16-Zeichen-/290470694546?pt=Bauteile&hash=item43a1670e92

Smiley price is killer

so i would like to know are they compatible with EMU products EII, Emax and SP12???

as far as i know HD44780 driver is standard and im looking around for emax schematics to see if this can fit.....
SP12 Turbo ... (i opened 2 couse i have 2 hehehehe) are HD44780 on PCB!!!!
need info for Emax and EMUII .. lazy to open  Grin

NICE looking displays up to 10 times cheaper than BACK LIGHT for EMU products!!!!

anybody with knowlage on this field ??
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:49:38 AM by roginator » Logged
alphabyte

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »

Only unit I have heard of working is a Noritake VFD display: 286-1068-ND. This a far more expensive part. I found out about this during a Google search. The dxarmy dot com forum has a couple of discussions about it. Apparently, the pin order is reversed from that of the SP, but, it does appear to work. I will be trying it out on an Emax in the coming weeks.

Sorry, I have no experience with the particular unit in the Ebay auction you posted. It is cheap enough to give a try I suppose if you are comfortable with the process. Let us know if you do and how it works out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need info !!! DISPLAY for SP12, EMax, EMU II...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines