E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Convert Emax Sounds --> SCI Prophet 2000/2002 Format

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:27:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Convert Emax Sounds --> SCI Prophet 2000/2002 Format
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Convert Emax Sounds --> SCI Prophet 2000/2002 Format  (Read 5040 times)
WATZ

« on: September 12, 2010, 07:30:52 AM »

Is there a comfortable method to convert Emax I (EB1, EM1), Emax II (EB2, EM2), Emulator II (EII) Sounds into the Sequential Circuits Prophet 2000/2002 Format?

Does this work?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Converting the banks with EMXP to the SoundFont2 (SF2) format.
2. Using AWave Studio 7.x to transfer the waveform data with MIDI Sample Dump
    Standard (SDS) to the P2000/2002. (The P2000/2002 supports MIDI sample
    dump standard)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you and best regards
WATZ
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:03:37 PM by WATZ » Logged
alphabyte

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:22:11 PM »

I don't see why SDS wouldn't work. I don't have access to any of the Prophet samplers, only E-mu bits. There is not a way to initiate SDS from an Emax directly, however, I do have the detail "developers" data for the Emax II. This is really just a document outlining all of the SysEx info for the Emax. I will dig into it and see if I can initiate a dump from a Logic Pro environment...

Have you looked into Chickensys Translator? I quit watching what they were up to after it seemed inconclusive whether or not they would provide vintage E-mu translations.
WATZ

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 02:21:54 AM »

the chicken software doesnt support sci prophet 2000/2002.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »

In the Emax-II MIDI specs, they specifically refer to a Prophet 2000 connected via 2 MIDI cables to the Emax-II. And they also specifically refer to the problems that can arise when doing sample dumps between them  Smiley

Anyway, I think there's currently no sampler translation software that supports P2K.
You can try the (EMXP) Emu -> SF2 conversion that you suggest, and then do a sample dump from SF2, but you will lose all preset and voice information (filters, envelopes, key assignments, ...).
Unless AWave supports the full P2000 SYSEX specification and will instruct the P2000 to set all preset and voice details exactly as they can be found in the SF2 file. I doubt about that.

PS: last year I bought a P2000 sampler as a first step to add P2000 support to EMXP. But there are so many interesting things that can be added to EMXP (like the recent RS422/MIDI support) that the P2000 project still hasn't started... That would have solved your problem of course.
It's still on my agenda, but for sure too far in the future to be useful for you.
micromoog

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:38:34 AM »

OFF TOPIC

the world needs in EMXP a wav -> Roland S-7xx Conversion!  Smiley

...little finger...whole hand... Grin
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

the world needs in EMXP a wav -> Roland S-7xx Conversion!
Sure...
...the little finger it is...  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Convert Emax Sounds --> SCI Prophet 2000/2002 Format

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines