E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OS lesson learned the hard way...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:31:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  OS lesson learned the hard way...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OS lesson learned the hard way...  (Read 4103 times)
alphabyte

« on: September 12, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »

I learned from a foolish error today; the EIIIx OS is not copied when a disk is formatted. Long story short, last week I formatted the internal HD to make room for some banks I extracted from an old CD-ROM. Being a long time Emax user, I decided to just figure things out on my own as the navigation isn't that much different. I didn't feel the need to run through the EIIIx manual.

When I went to boot up today, the EIIIx just kept cycling through SCSI IDs. No boot! After my initial bout of swearing and disbelief, I tried out one of the many "backup" floppies I made. Nothing! OS isn't copied to them either, they are simple formatted.

Thanked God verbally for those who created the necessary tools (EMXP and OmniFlop) to get the OS onto one of the floppies. Needless to say, the OS has now been copied to all EIIIx disks I have including a dozen floppies and a few Zip disks just in case ;-)
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »

Its even worse than this and it will learn you the first and absolute rule to be followed : "RTFM"

Unfortunately, the complete machine calibration went away as well. Every machine is different, therefore all OS are different. They have yet a common trunck, but the calibrations are saved into the OS, diffrerent from an OS to another, depending to wich machine they "belong". You have to recalibrate your machines.

Oh... "RTFM"... I forgot, it means : Read The Fucking Manual !

Grin
alphabyte

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »

Been around long enough to know what "RTFM" means  Wink

It is always helpful advice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OS lesson learned the hard way...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines