E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Desparte for an MPC 500 part and counting on you guys

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:03:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emulator Parts Guide and Group Buys
| | |-+  Desparte for an MPC 500 part and counting on you guys
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Desparte for an MPC 500 part and counting on you guys  (Read 3066 times)
bedouin

Drumulator Master

« on: September 17, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »

First of all, I know this is not an Akai or MPC forum -- but you guys have delivered on technical details regarding all kinds of machines numerous times.

I just relocated to Egypt and took my MPC 500 with me.  Last minute stupidity caused me to pack it poorly and the encoder wheel was busted.  The OEM wheel is an ALPS STEC12E07 as seen here:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/700701/

Finding a place that has this in stock has been nearly impossible.  I talked to one ALPS distributor who told me this is not a current model number, so I checked out ALPS' different offerings here:

http://www.alps.com/products/e/category_list.html

I'm not quite sure if there is a current equivalent to the STEC12E07; my lack of technical knowledge prevents me from risking the purchase of anything just yet.  This is the same wheel used in the 1000, and might be in the 2500 too but I'm not sure; I know some 2000/2000XL folks were using it as a non-OEM replacement as well.

I tried ordering the entire upper right PCB from MPCStuff but no go, and Akai has no ETA on it either (part number is TWPC06A003A10).  Places in the US are fine, since I'll have my dad ship it to me.

Forat and VST referred me back to Akai.  Needless to say I'm disappointed that it seems parts for my Drumulator or SP12 are easier to get ahold of than ones for a machine that's still on store shelves . . .

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Desparte for an MPC 500 part and counting on you guys

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines