E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Sound Swap - New freebies for forum members.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:51:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII Sound Swap - New freebies for forum members.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: EII Sound Swap - New freebies for forum members.  (Read 24473 times)
JMP

« on: October 03, 2010, 08:54:08 AM »

EDIT>

Original first post is below, just updating the whole thread to post the latest demo's of the 50 new EII soundbanks created in two batches of 25. These are under the categories of 'Analogue' and 'Pads & Digital'

A selection of sounds from each are demo'd below:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3UDLN1dUA8&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/X3UDLN1dUA8&rel=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzC0krpiukA&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PzC0krpiukA&rel=1</a>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post relating to different sounds:

Put together a decent batch of sounds/samples for the EII, all synth based if anyone's interested in a trade for similar.

Can supply in Sound Designer format. Not looking for any library, orchestral or sound effect type sounds, got loads of those.  

Anyone got anything interesting/decent they want to exchange just hit me a PM.  Wink Cheers.  

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:34:31 AM by JMP » Logged

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »

Could you please list / describe what kind of banks you got?
I'm very interested, although I do NOT have any banks besides the libraries that I could swap..
Thanks in advance,
Elm.
JMP

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

Hi Elm, can't say mine are up to library quality (!) and most banks have only one or two sounds on. A few have several sounds on but many are only over a two octave range (particularly pads unfortunately):

Anyway, those I have over full or almost full keyboard range are:

OBXa Pluck
Juno 106 - Fat
Depeche 1 & 2 (PPG type sounds)
Mitzva Lead  

Others over mainly two octave ranges:

Aeon String
Ambient
Ambient Background
Atmos
Atmos Pad
Atmos Vocal
Band Pass Pad
Big Atmos
Big Choir 2
Bright Pad
Ching
Deep Drone
Eerie
Electric String
Electric String 2
Ethnic
Ethnic 2,3 5 & 6
Ethno String
Ethno Voice
H String
Misc. Bass (several)
Virus A (several)

Audio demo of each sound played from the EII (in the order above) here:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9736742

If the link doesn't work go to the main music page and the demo is listed at the top:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=481080&content=music
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:06:37 PM by JMP » Logged

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »

I am also interested. I think I only have factory, but I'll make a list up asap.
JMP

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 09:52:26 AM »

Just updated the sound list above with an audio demo.  Smiley

So, anyone sampling and creating soundbanks on their EII's these days...? Cheesy

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »

link doesn't work ...    Undecided Cry
JMP

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »

link doesn't work ...    Undecided Cry

Try clicking it more than once, it didn't work for me first time but did the second and third.... not sure why that's happening. You can also access through the main music page, the demo is listed at the top:

seamonkey
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 05:31:29 AM »

John, these are awesome, thanks for taking the time to post your demo.
I have to admit, every time I hear your demos, I once again get the Ell gas pains.
However, I love my Elll, and space does not permit another large keyboard.

I think the original, factory and third party samples have been passed around for quite some time, so it's nice to hear other samples for the Ell, other than the ones we're all familiar with.

Are any of these samples, samples you have created yourself?
I encourage other vintage Emu owners to sample some of their own sounds, and as JMP has suggested, creating a library of new sounds for all to use and enjoy.
If I had an Ell I would jump all over your suggested offer of swapping sounds, and I'm a bit surprised there seems to be so little interest.
Surely users must be doing their own sampling, rather than just using it as a sample playback unit.

I am still in the early stages of learning my Elll, but hope in the future to be able to have some of my personally created samples to share.

Thanks again John

Btw, I believe Soundclick has been having problems for the last week or so, sometimes when I enter my page, I'm unable to play any uploads. Your link worked fine this morning.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:35:27 AM by seamonkey » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 07:47:01 AM »

Great sounds!!!  Tongue
JMP

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »

John, these are awesome, thanks for taking the time to post your demo.
I have to admit, every time I hear your demos, I once again get the Ell gas pains.
However, I love my Elll, and space does not permit another large keyboard.

Thanks Rick, sorry to add GAS again.. !  Wink

Are any of these samples, samples you have created yourself?

The first two are taken from an old vintage synth sample CD I bought years ago. The next three are my own sounds programmed/modified on the Roland XP50. The remainder were a batch of synth WAV samples I picked up years ago from somewhere I can't remember, just a shame these had only one pitch of the sample provided.  

I encourage other vintage Emu owners to sample some of their own sounds, and as JMP has suggested, creating a library of new sounds for all to use and enjoy.
If I had an Ell I would jump all over your suggested offer of swapping sounds, and I'm a bit surprised there seems to be so little interest.
Surely users must be doing their own sampling, rather than just using it as a sample playback unit.

Has made me wonder this too....  topic has had a fair amount of views but no-one offering to trade sounds other than library ones. So, as it's unlikely Alan Wilder will offer me his original EII Depeche Mode samples in trade....  Cheesy , when I've sorted a USB zip for the PC I'll get the Sound Designer files for these banks onto PC if anyone wants them for their Sound Designer compatible EII.  

I'm currently halfway through sampling my Elka Synthex sounds into WAV files. I may try sampling these into the EII if the quality is OK. Just concerned about looping pads with the short sample length time. This can be troublesome to achieve inaudible loop points. I'm saving that for a rainy weekend....  

I am still in the early stages of learning my Elll, but hope in the future to be able to have some of my personally created samples to share.

Being in a similar position to you, I'd love an EIII but no room for two.. !  Undecided

Btw, I believe Soundclick has been having problems for the last week or so, sometimes when I enter my page, I'm unable to play any uploads. Your link worked fine this morning.

I changed it..., the problem one was supposed to bring the player up automatically but was tempermental, thanks for the info.  

Cheers Seamonkey/Elm.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:21:08 PM by JMP » Logged

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »

I have my EIIs for two years now, and I have only little time to make music.
I've been sampling stuff for years before with my emax, sampling WAS my music. With the EII and its libraries, a whole new world opened up, and I was finally able to think about ANYTHING and then just play it with the library stuff. There are hardly any sounds that I'm missing in the libraries. But as JMP shows - there can be lots more  Wink

STILL I have done samples with the EII  Roll Eyes I call them "Jupiter 8 Synth rains" just 2 or 3 banks though... But I'll get them into *.EII format and will share 'em, too.
Cheers!
JMP

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »

Let me know if those files are working Elm Wink.

In the meantime, here's the second batch.  Smiley Top of the page (as linking tool isn't working):

Apologies, but think I've duplicated a couple from the first demo. Otherwise, this one includes sounds from the Elka Synthex, Prophet 5, Roland V-Synth, XP50 & JP8080, Novation Supernova and Bit 1 synths. Also layered pads from a mixture of several.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:43:11 AM by JMP » Logged

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »

Yeah, I'll let you know.
I haven't had the chance to set up my RS422 EII yet. It still may take a while..
But I bet the files work.
JMP

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:37 AM »

Been a slow start but a few trades now going forth....

Just updating my list of sounds over the full or four octave range:

Cheetah MS6 (X18)
Elka Synthex (X1) but more to follow...
Bit 1 (X2)
Roland XP50 (X4)
Waldorf XT (X1)

Presuming those I sent to Elm have worked (!) these are all in Sound Designer format on the Mac/PC. I expect any sent via PC will need their resource forks correcting when transferred back to Mac.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »

Presuming those I sent to Elm have worked (!) these are all in Sound Designer format on the Mac/PC. I expect any sent via PC will need their resource forks correcting when transferred back to Mac.

Hi JMP.
I still have not had the opportunity to check, if the files REALLY worked. But I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.
I'd be glad if I already have had the chance to go check it, as well as to get my own few banks off the mac, I hope you apologize.
But I WILL  Roll Eyes  and hopefully SOON.

Greetz,
Elm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Sound Swap - New freebies for forum members.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines