E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Remote: How to create a disk image?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:30:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII Remote: How to create a disk image?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Remote: How to create a disk image?  (Read 3529 times)
ditabeardmemo

« on: October 03, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Hi everyone:

I recently acquired an Emulator III rack, and the seller included three original copies of the EIII Remote software: version 1.02, version 1.10a and version 1.10a4. These are all pre-release/alpha versions; the final revision that is available on the Emulator II and Emulator III Yahoo groups is version 1.10b1.

I thought it would be interesting to share these with the group - for historical purposes - as Macintosh disk image files (.img). But for some reason, every program I try to create the image fails. Thus far I tried OmniFlop on my PC, MacDisk on my PC and Disk Copy on my Macintosh SE/30. I thought for certain Disk Copy would be able to do the job, but every single time it failed while it was reading each floppy.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I would really like to make these files available to people.

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
wirefall

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:18:09 PM »

Interesting, I would like to have these files!  Smiley

But why creating images, just upload the files itself.

Thanks in advance! .)
lubb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »

It would be great to have the previous versions... from historical purposes... Smiley What about to make .sit files with Stuffit..?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:30:08 AM by lubb » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »

As far as I remember, E-Mu explicitly did *not* put a copy protection schema on EIII Remote and EIIIX Remote, so most probably just copying the files from the floppy disk (and "sitting" them) will indeed be sufficient...
Perhaps you do a small test to see if there's a copy protection built into the installer/executable by copying them to another disk and install/start the software from that new disk: does it still work ?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »

".sit" file require the Stuffit program. Just "zip" the files, its not a proprietary format !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Remote: How to create a disk image?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines