E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Key/Sound Delay

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:12:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Key/Sound Delay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Key/Sound Delay  (Read 4861 times)
Stuart

« on: October 07, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »

Hi, i have a EII + hd. The hard drive is broken but the floppy drive loads. Unfortunately when you press a key on the keyboard there is about a 5 second delay in the sound coming out. Does anybody have any ideas?
JMP

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:11:46 PM »

Hi there Stuart, just a thought.... have you tried disconnecting the hard drive in case this is interfering somehow? The EII should boot and operate using the floppy drive only.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:27 AM »

No, i'll give that a try. I'm not the most technically minded person but i assume you take the front off and there will be a plug attached to hard drive?
Stuart

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:01:54 AM »

Yeah i unplugged the hard drive but no joy i'm afraid, still the sound delay.
JMP

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »

Shame... this is probably nothing to do with it (and hopefully someone here more technically minded can steer you in the right direction), but when encountering strange problems on other kit I've owned, I've often re-seated removable chips/EPROMS etc. to ensure good contact and this has resolved problems previously for me.

You mentioned yours had been stored for a long while so might be worth trying. Just be careful you don't bend any pins removing or re-seating.  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:19:34 AM by JMP » Logged

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »

Just be careful you don't bend any pins removing or re-seating.  

And ground yourself from time to time while doing that to prevent "static electric shocks" to the ICs.
Stuart

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 06:48:32 AM »

Ok cheers fellas i will give that a try
Stuart

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 04:35:09 AM »

Hi, i had more problems since the last time we posted messages and have reluctantly decided to sell the Emulator. If anyone is interested in taking it off my hands (could be a tearful moment), i have placed it on ebay under 'emulator 2 + hd' in the category:

* Musical Instruments >
    * Pro Audio/ Equipment >
    * Synthesisers & Sound Modules
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Key/Sound Delay

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines