E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's sequencer - how do you work?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII's sequencer - how do you work?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII's sequencer - how do you work?  (Read 3997 times)
Dimensional Space
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »

Who's still using the EII's sequencer?

I want to clock the EII+ and the SP1200 together.  Any tips with the sequencer?
I am a glutton for punishment I think.   I am gonna try it tonight.

I just bought a Roland MV-8800 and I am on the fence if I hate it or love it.
For some reason I want to go completely backwards and work in the dark ages instead all of a sudden.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »

Good question!
I'd like to use that setup in a standalone way, too (except for my SP is a twelve).
The SP has to be the Clock, that's for sure.
Any experiences?
Dimensional Space
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »

I have been trying to trigger the EII+ from another hardware sequencer via midi.

This is basic, but answer me this...   Does the EII only respond from a single midi channel and then the corresponding note numbers from the incoming sequencers note on and note off?   Or can it be setup in a multi channel multitimbral way?  Such as a separate midi channel per voice and it's ranges?    Because honestly, all I have been doing this far with the EII's is just sampling them.  So I don't even know the answer to these questions.

I did return the MV by the way.  It was ok but not worth the money. 

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:24:09 AM »

Does the EII only respond from a single midi channel and then the corresponding note numbers from the incoming sequencers note on and note off?   Or can it be setup in a multi channel multitimbral way?  Such as a separate midi channel per voice and it's ranges?

It should be possible. There's the "Supermode":
In this mode, you use the EII's sequencer tracks to set up a preset <-> midi channel assignment.    (Hate to say it, but...) best have a look at the manual. I slightly recall that the procedure of setting up all this is desribed somewhere.

best,
Elm.
Dimensional Space
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »

Thanks, Elm.

I think most people are using it to play free hand, or using a software sequencer to trigger one voice.
That's the bottom line.   It's a safe bet to say literally no one is using the internal sequencer or using it as I described in multitimbral mode to trigger more than one voice at the same time.

And then there is me who just samples the darn thing.  Actually, I have been using the EII to trigger chords and use the LFO and assign a CC to the filter.  

The EII sounds so sick with older effects units such as the Alesis Midiverb II, and the Ensoniq DP4 verses modern day units like TC's stuff.   

**cricket sounds at night**.......

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:33:52 PM by Dimensional Space » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:42:35 AM »

The EII sounds so sick with older effects units such as the Alesis Midiverb II, and the Ensoniq DP4 verses modern day units like TC's stuff.   

So right.
I use Midiverbs I, II, III.
Have you tried the DEP-5 from Roland?
Dimensional Space
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »

No, I haven't but don't bring up the subject of the RSS-10 before I burst out in tears.
I sold two of them in the last few years and I regret that deeply.   Everything eventually comes around again if you pay attention enough.   

I really like the SDX, SRV, and SDE (330) stuff from Roland.   Warm and pretty affordable.  They just have that sound perfect for the EII.

And I am not knocking TC.   I love the D-Two!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII's sequencer - how do you work?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines