E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Does anyone know if these Quantum Drives are compatible with an EIII?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:13:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Does anyone know if these Quantum Drives are compatible with an EIII?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know if these Quantum Drives are compatible with an EIII?  (Read 2603 times)
Shogun

« on: November 11, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

Hi,
In my quest to fix the EIII internal drive, I have located the following disks but unsure if compatible?

Can anyone confirm?

Quantum ProDrive ELS 170meg SC
Quantum Fireball TM1280S

What ID should the internal hard disk be?

Thanks.

lubb

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »

I have tried Quantum ProDrive LPS with my EIII, it worked.
I guess Quantum ProDrive ELS 170meg SC should work as well, but the best way is to try it.

Quantum Fireball TM1280S was mounted by the factory to the Emulator 4 series. Since its capacity exceeds 1 GB, I do not think it is suitable for an EIII, for EIII takes time to format large drives, so 1 GB is a practical upper limit (3 hours plus with the mandatory disk verify).

Proven Drives for an EIII:
Seagate ST51080N 1GB
Maxtor MXT 540S 540MB
Quantum XP31040W 1GB

I would suggest SCSI ID#1 for the internal HD (must be set via internal jumpers), SCSI ID#6 for the EIII itself (set via software). But you can use any ID# for the internal HD, providing it is not conflicting with any other SCSI device in the SCSI chain (including EIII itself). 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Does anyone know if these Quantum Drives are compatible with an EIII?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines