E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - eIIIxp looping

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:45:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  eIIIxp looping
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: eIIIxp looping  (Read 8753 times)
shawn rudiman

« on: July 05, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »

hi all.. was wondering why the eIIIx series doesnt have the bi directional looping that the eIII does.. man why did emu make you have to go all the way to the top to get that!?!?!?!?!?!   i love the bi looping on the eII's .. also ive nticed they took away the crossfade looping from the eIIIx as well.. or maybe im missing it in the manual and the menu's.. the eIII reads emaxII sounds so i guess i can do the looping there but it seems so weird that they took that away esp from a higher grade unit.

also if anyone needs parts for and eIIIx i have a whole machine for parts. im willing to part it out if anyone needs stuff. it just doesnt have any memory.

thanks!

shawn rudiman

ps. the cf drive info i got from here worked fantasticly! thanks!
shawn rudiman

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 05:20:15 PM »

hi all,

i was playing with the eIII, exploring things and i guess the crossfade looping was moved to another area.. i found it in the gain scale i think?   seems weird they'd mve it to there.. but hey at least its there.

thanks!
H24

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »

There is another procedure that could work to emulate bidirectional looping but unfortunately I donĀ“t have a unit here at the moment to try it.

Copy the sample.
Reverse it.
Link/tape it to the first.
Loop the whole thing.

Aynone who can confirm if this would work?
obsoletemachines

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »

no, its there.

go to loop in digital processing sub-module... then when you go through the process of finding the loop points hit 'no' to auto correlate that takes you to 'compress loop' and again hit 'no' and you get cross-fade

i hit yes to auto correlate and then i go back in and hit 'no' twice. its a wrist flick once you have done this step a couple of times.

cross fade is there in two modes: exponential and linear
ACEOFBASS

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »

no, its there.

cross fade is there in two modes: exponential and linear

Huh ... Cross fade is not the same as bi-directional looping.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - eIIIxp looping

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines