E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - An early example of EIII Keyboard... ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:50:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  An early example of EIII Keyboard... ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An early example of EIII Keyboard... ?  (Read 2710 times)
lubb

« on: December 01, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »

I wonder if I should take into consideration - when buying an EIIIK - that the example in question (now boot rom 2.0, ram 8 mb) is an early example... ? It is well known that "the first production run of the Emulator III suffered catastrophic failures, which took months to diagnose. Faulty memory sockets and problems with the hard drive forced Emu to undertake an embarrassing in-field product recall... "

Even if all ECO's (E-mu Change Orders) would have been performed in such a machine, is there still some reason to be cautious..?

Thanks for any comments.
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »

If it works in 2010, it's probably fine.
I've got an early one, one kinda in the middle and a later serial version of the EIII Keys.
They all had multiple problems when I got them. It was very difficult to diagnose as even though one problem was fixed, it still would not work cuz there were multiple issues still unsolved.
Anyways, I wouldn't sweat a low serial/rom version because like I said, they all have issues and if it works now, it's better than any I ever got.
Jay

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
lubb

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

Thanks, Jay, for your comment. You are probably right.

I am in a position to decide the case promptly...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - An early example of EIII Keyboard... ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines