E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - voice failing?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:33:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  voice failing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: voice failing?  (Read 4213 times)
massimo

« on: December 19, 2010, 06:46:26 PM »

Hi all,

I have this problem with my EIII rack. If I hit the same note on my controller, on certain presets I have no output every 6th note
That is:
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes NO yes yes yes yes yes NO   etc., where no means no sound.
I have no idea what such a ciclicity means with a 16 voice machine.

With other presets I have this problem every 8th or 16th note, which perhaps makes more sense math-wise.

Any tips? Any check/easy fix I can attempt myself by opening the box?

thank you in advance
best regards
Massimo
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:26:38 AM »

Some voice channels of your machine seem to be damaged. This is normal, nearly every EIII has this issue.

You can check which channels are dead - take a look at the master menu (I guess..) - at "disable channels" or somewhat, you'll find it.

If you then hit a key, you'll see a bar popping up under the channel which is used for the voice. If you then disable the channel, it won't be used anymore, so your problem is solved (on the cost of less channels).
massimo

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:43:45 AM »

Thank you very much. Forgot to mention, in the original post, I am using the machine's stereo outs.
I wonder, what does "channel" stand for here? Not "midi channel", I guess. Is it a synonym of "voice" in this instance?
Also, I think I read someone was encouraging to experiment, with due care, with unplugging and plugging the flat cables originating at the voice boards inside the machine - I am not sure. What do you think?

thank you
best regards
Massimo
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:00:31 AM »

Is it a synonym of "voice" in this instance?

Yes. Every VOICE needs a CHANNEL to "go" through.

Also, I think I read someone was encouraging to experiment, with due care, with unplugging and plugging the flat cables originating at the voice boards inside the machine - I am not sure. What do you think?

If I was you, I would NOT try.
I would do what I told you and you'll be fine.
massimo

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »

got it

again, thanks

best regards
Massimo
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:16 PM »

You can unplug and replug the flat cables wich are connected to the jack board, be carefull, do nt swap them (A to B), the fix will be at 60% chance.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - voice failing?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines