E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - setting up an EIII system

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  setting up an EIII system
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: setting up an EIII system  (Read 7360 times)
e3luv

« on: July 28, 2008, 06:19:31 AM »

hello everyone and thank you for a great site. i am starting from scratch and would like to know the following; 1)which mac to buy ?2)which software is available ?or does it have to be a MAC at all?
i just saw for the first time today a software that it states you can convert emax to eIII USING WINDOWS XP?also theres a translator software from Chicken soft...?if i can convert and translate,how do i get the sound into a windows pc? my idea was to hook up a mac to the eIII  load turbosynth or alchemy and save it to the hard drive.please remember i have never used an EIII before this is just my memory of the system that i could never afford back in '89. any help is greatly appreciated Smiley 

SAGITTARIUS
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »

Hi!

In my opinion, you don't need a mac to work effectively with the EIII (other than the EII). There's EIII remote and alchemy and stuff, but the most important software to work with is EMXP for windows XP. It's freeware, written by a god named E-Synthesist. With that, you can convert wavs and any vintage E-Mu Sample formats directly to the EIII format and vice versa. you just need a changable medium to swap data between your pc and the EIII.

I have a usb Zip drive connected to my PC, and an scsi zip drive connected to the EIII. I just swap the zip disks between the two and convert sounds both ways. It's very very very easy to use and incredibly practical. A short glance at its manual should be enough to know how the software is working.

Greetz and welcome btw.,
Elm.

e3luv

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:42:48 PM »

hello again and thank you for the information,
I will add two scsi drives to my shopping list.
Also i will download the software Emxp and see what else
is needed since i have no idea of the whole system requirements.
Please feel free to add  further suggestions, thanks!

SAGITTARIUS
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:29:44 AM »

I don't know if you would want to have TWO scsi zip drives - I would recommend one scsi for the EIII and one USB - zip drive for the pc (as it's more common and comfortable).
massimo

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »

Hi,
I'm new here. I have just purchased an E3 rack. I would appreciate your help very much, as this is my first sampler! (but I have been into sound synthesis for some 30 years now) (I hardly know what  SCSI or ZIP drive are...)

I have a few questions, if I may ask:
The E3 came with 8Mb Ram, a Plextor external CD-ROM - SCSI player, and a removable Syquest HD (270 Mb). I know this box was meant to only be talking to Mac computers, and that's what the original owner was doing. Now, I do not want to buy any old Mac dinosaur only to go with the Emu. I am a PC user, so I am reading with much interest that perhaps I can make the Emu work with my laptop!
[Questions]
1. What should I exactly buy to add to my current setup (see details above) in order to have the ensemble (Emu+PC) working?
2. I have got the original Emu3 CD's, minus disk #3. Any ideas where can I find it?
3. Also, I have noticed that the EMU CD library has banks, each with too many instrument samples. I would much prefer having one or two "monster" (better quality, longer loops, denser multisampling, whatever...) samples at a time, to be played/recorded in real time (no dense midi sequencing whatsoever). Think brass or strings. Does a solution exist? Any third party libraries?
4. I wanted to sample monophonic analog synths into the Emu, but am told its A/D converters used for its jack inputs are relatively poor quality for this task.  Any way to upgrade the factory A/D converters?

Sorry if all this may sound trivial to you sampler experts
thank you very much in advance

best regards
Massimo
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:33:34 AM »

1. What should I exactly buy to add to my current setup (see details above) in order to have the ensemble (Emu+PC) working?

A Second Syquest Drive that you can connect via USB to PC (I don't know if that exists...  My solution: 2 Iomega Zip Drives (similar to syquest) - one scsi for the EIII, one usb for PC)

2. I have got the original Emu3 CD's, minus disk #3. Any ideas where can I find it?

Ebay.

4. I wanted to sample monophonic analog synths into the Emu, but am told its A/D converters used for its jack inputs are relatively poor quality for this task.  Any way to upgrade the factory A/D converters?

?!?!  Aha..  No, I don't know.

If you want to communicate EIII <-> PC, check this out:

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

Greetz,
Elm.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - setting up an EIII system

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines