E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Unknown midi mod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:38:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Unknown midi mod
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unknown midi mod  (Read 3417 times)
Nisei

« on: December 26, 2010, 04:34:45 AM »

Hi all.
I received a Drumulator the other day and it's got a midi mod which I haven't seen before.
There's a clock crystal on it so it probably can be used to sync to midi. On the left side of the Drumulator is a hole with a dial switch behind it, probably to set the midi channel.
Problem is I can't get it to work. Pressing Ext. clock and Run does put it to external interface mode but I can't trigger it through midi, nor does it sync to a midi signal.
Is there anyone familar with this mod? Any help or tip is welcome.

shaun

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »

Although your post is rather old, I must say that I do have a Drumulator sitting around with this midi board. As it simply hooks to the data input socket on the back, the first thing to do is check whether a sent midi note will cause ANY reaction on the wire going to the socket. If yes, the problem is likely to be in the drumulator circuitry. Otherwise the midi board might be faulty
Nisei

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:33:23 AM »

Thanks for the reply!
Can you explain how to use it in the first place please?
And is it able to sync to midi as well?

Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Unknown midi mod

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines