E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New HD will not work in EIII k

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:40 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  New HD will not work in EIII k
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New HD will not work in EIII k  (Read 2614 times)
Syncla

my beloved

« on: January 02, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »

Hi to all,

wish you a happy new e-mu year!!!

I got a Seagate ST51080 N ( 1GB)from another member here. Tokk it into my EIII and nothing runs. set the SCSI jumpers to all reliable pins, but nothing. Put in my old Quantum Pro Drive LPS (105 MB) and all runs. copied the system to a floppy, switched the HD´s and nothing runs. Why does he not start from a Disk?
Can i put more than 1 HD in this machine? 2 HD´s beside were better than one, i think.

Any Ideas?

L G Syncla

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
tom

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »

Hi,

1.) Does the HD get recognized by the Emu if you only set the Parity pin (besides the SCSI ID pins)?
2.) What happens if you put the HD into an external SCSI enclosure and use it alongside your internal HD? Does this work?
3.) Did you set the SCSI ID of the HD to the same ID of another SCSI device in the chain (e.g. the same ID as the one of the EIII itself)?

Tom.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New HD will not work in EIII k

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines