E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Midi Help needed?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:39:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Midi Help needed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Midi Help needed?  (Read 4065 times)
monkeyman

« on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »

Hi guys.
I have a simple question. Forgive my stupidity here but I am trying to sequence my EII (finally up and running) from my akai mpc 3000. I want to play the EII samples (ie. bass) and record the sequence on the mpc. I am having no luck and have tried reading the manual with no success.
What settings do I need to set the EII to get it to send and recieve midi from and back to the mpc?

Can anyone help.?
Thanks
M
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »

i'm not in front of a running machine now, but look at

Preset Definiton -> MIDI

then define a

basic channel

and select the MIDI MODE

POLY or OMNI

there are other parameters you can set ON/OFF - YES/NO

don't know the names exactly without the machine
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:09:46 AM by micromoog » Logged
monkeyman

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »

Thanks. I have gone to the Preset Definiton -> MIDI page as suggested in the manual, but am not which channel it need to be sending on?
I have tried it setting midi mode to omni but had not luck.
I am not sure what to do now.
I can make the EII trigger samples on the mpc, but I cant seem to get the mpc to trigger the EII.
Maybe I need to set my midi input channel on the EII to a specific channel?
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »

with Omni the EII should recive on all channels, check first the mpc with other MIDI gear if those recive data.
rtech

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

monkeyman,
   If you are able to trigger the MPC from the EII then just record the sequence while playing the EII keys. Once the requence is recorded then specify what MIDI channel the track sends the output to. Make sure to set the MIDI channel on the EII to that channel. I think it is best to sequence while playing the EII keyboard instead of the MPC pads.

To do it the other way make sure that the MIDI out of the MPC is connected to the MIDI IN of the EII and set the MIDI channel the same on both the EII and MPC. I have an MPC60 with OS 3.10 and it has 3 MIDI outs so on it you also have to specify which output you are using. I am not sure with the MPC3000.

rtech
monkeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
So far I can trigger the mpc from my eII and record the sequence on the mpc sequencer. I cannot however get the midi from the mpc to play sounds on the eII. I have the mpc 3000 sending midi out from channel A on the back of the mpc into the eII and am having no luck.
I am trying to work out what channel the mpc sends out on and which channel the eII recieves on.
The mpc 3000 is very similar to the 60, but had 4 midi outs instead of 3..
Cheers
Marc
monkeyman

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 02:57:55 AM »

So I opened up my EII today and I think my midi input section may be in need of help.
Interestingly tho I notice that on my circuit board it states that I have number 014... The 14th Emu Emulator...
I wonder what its history is..
I have lots of spare parts and an A1 tech so  hopefully I will work this one out...
monkeyman

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »

hey guys. I am still having midi issues with the EII. I am trying to sequence via my Akai mpc 3000 and I can not get the EII to receive midi data (midi in) from the MPC. Essentially my midi out on the EII works but the midi in is just nt working at all.
I have tried all the following suggestions but have still had no luck.
Is it something to do with the 3.1 software I am using?
Thanks
Futureman

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »

Maybe you need to simplify & things first.

- Are you sure your MPC3k is spitting out MIDI notes? Can you verify this on another bit of kit? Even if you can monitor into MIDIOX or something like that.

- Is your E2 able to respond to Midi at all? Try controlling it from something else.. If anything, I've found most E2 sample Library presets default to OMNI with MIDI on, so will respond to anything coming into the MIDI in port on the E2.

- It could be that you have a faulty MIDI cable, but I'm sure you've already checked that on another bit of kit.

Obviously, as mentioned earlier, you will need the E2 to have enabled Midi on, and be on the right channel. (Sure, you could put it in OMNI mode, but OMNI mode was for loosers in shop stores in the mid 80's who didn't know how MIDI worked)

Best of luck.
Mike

I approve of this message.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Midi Help needed?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines