E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II HD upgrade kit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:19:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emulator II HD upgrade kit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Would you buy a EII HD upgrade kit?
Yes, I would buy a kit   -5 (62.5%)
Y, I would buy two or more kits   -2 (25%)
Maybe I would buy a kit   -0 (0%)
No, I would not buy a kit   -1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Emulator II HD upgrade kit  (Read 2102 times)
brian_ronn

« on: February 10, 2022, 02:11:43 AM »

Hi Guys

If a company would succeed making an Emulator II HD upgrade kit how many of you would buy this kit?

For a company to become interested in replication of such a kit a certain amount of buyers needs to be interested/buying.

Please choose what you would do.
brian_ronn

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 12:45:44 AM »

Wauv, nothing is going on in here or nobody care.
modmaker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 05:14:20 AM »

I voted no and the reason for that is that the only benefit, compared to a floppy-emulator I assume would be loading time. I use my Emulator in the studio where loading times are not as critical as it would be on stage.

The classical sounds are available on other platforms (I have an EIIIxp, a couple of E4s but mainly I load the classical sounds into Reason) where they sound good enough when working with tracks. When recording, I load the bank into the EII, steer it by Midi from Reason and record, in order to get the fulller sound.

I do support an upgrade kit being made available as it helps keep the value an interest in Emulators up, but I would probably not need one for myself.

EII, EIIIxp, Proteus/1, EIVk, ESI-2000, E5000, E4XT
brian_ronn

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 08:42:43 AM »

I voted no and the reason for that is that the only benefit, compared to a floppy-emulator I assume would be loading time. I use my Emulator in the studio where loading times are not as critical as it would be on stage.

The classical sounds are available on other platforms (I have an EIIIxp, a couple of E4s but mainly I load the classical sounds into Reason) where they sound good enough when working with tracks. When recording, I load the bank into the EII, steer it by Midi from Reason and record, in order to get the fulller sound.

I do support an upgrade kit being made available as it helps keep the value an interest in Emulators up, but I would probably not need one for myself.

Hi modmaker

Thats totally fair and I understand your arguments.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards Brian
eframp

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 10:52:47 PM »

I'd be in. I'm now the owner of a II+ that had the hard disk PC boards (both the E-mu and Adaptec and the L-bracket for the Adaptec) stolen out of it when it went to another tech to get "fixed". Even just the E-mu board would be great, I can source an Adaptec one I'm sure.

Would also be curious if y'all are going to do any more PSU boards - even the raw boards, I'd be happy to populate it myself. Got all the parts here and would really rather not do a perf-board situation.
brian_ronn

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 12:12:46 AM »

I'd be in. I'm now the owner of a II+ that had the hard disk PC boards (both the E-mu and Adaptec and the L-bracket for the Adaptec) stolen out of it when it went to another tech to get "fixed". Even just the E-mu board would be great, I can source an Adaptec one I'm sure.

Would also be curious if y'all are going to do any more PSU boards - even the raw boards, I'd be happy to populate it myself. Got all the parts here and would really rather not do a perf-board situation.

Hi Eframp

It doesn't look like you've voted. Please do so.

Best regards Brian
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II HD upgrade kit

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines