E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is it possible to tell which Board Version is in EII by the serial number?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:57:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Is it possible to tell which Board Version is in EII by the serial number?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to tell which Board Version is in EII by the serial number?  (Read 3362 times)
rtech

« on: August 23, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Just what the title says. I would like to know if there is someone that knows whether the serial numbers where consistent, where one can tell at what number they started using the Rev. 1 Boards? Are all the Rev1 boards Mac compatible?

Thanks,

rtech
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 01:14:53 AM »

Good question! I was also wondering.
rtech

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

Hey Elmbeatz,

I read on another post that you were trying to upgrade a Rev. 0 board to make it Mac Compatible, did you finally get it to work? Where did you get the parts from? How hard is it to install? I have always wanted to own a EII, but have not found the right one yet. I am trying to avoid any issues of having to update the boards so that I can use it with my Mac SE/30.

Thanks
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »

Hey Elmbeatz,

I read on another post that you were trying to upgrade a Rev. 0 board to make it Mac Compatible, did you finally get it to work? Where did you get the parts from? How hard is it to install? I have always wanted to own a EII, but have not found the right one yet. I am trying to avoid any issues of having to update the boards so that I can use it with my Mac SE/30.

Thanks

A forum member gave his self-made prototype rs422-board to me (it worked with his EII). But - it's not just putting the board into the EII. It's much much more work, and if you're not an expert in soldering and electronics and such, do NOT try to upgrade yourself, even if you have the board. There are lot of kludges to do, you can read about it in the service manual.... PAIN!
GET A REV 1, which is VERIFIED to be connectable to a mac (best would be to test it before buying).
Good luck!
rtech

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »

Elmzbeat,

One more question for you. I was looking at some of the EII on sale either on craigslist and ebay and was wondering wheter is possible to tell whether the computer interface port was indeed a RS422 by the design of the socket/port. The eii with low serial number seem to have a metal frame around the port put some of the later serial numbers have no metal frame aound it, can you verify since I read that you have two one that is Rev. 1 and one with Rev. 0?

Thanks,
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

Oh, good point!
I'll have to check it out.
Still at work, maybe I can check it tonite.
rtech

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »

cool, I would appreciate it.

thanks.
rtech

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »

hey elmbeatz,

Did you get a chance to look at the ports for both eii? Are they that same?

rtech
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »

Yes, they looked absolutely identical to me.  Undecided
rtech

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »

What are the serial numbers on them? Are the Serial Number > 1200? I dont need to know the exact number.

rtech
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is it possible to tell which Board Version is in EII by the serial number?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines