E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - FS:EIII Keyboard 8Meg/New OLED/SDCARD/Working HD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:49:42 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  FS:EIII Keyboard 8Meg/New OLED/SDCARD/Working HD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FS:EIII Keyboard 8Meg/New OLED/SDCARD/Working HD  (Read 1957 times)
Stephencl

« on: February 09, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »

Folks,

It is time to let one of my EIII's go.  I have two Keyboards and rack... I am going to let the sorted keyboard go.

I purchased it about 4 years ago, it belonged to a TV Station in the Portland Oregon area in the USA.

I have spent 100s of hours:

The Good:

1) Cosmetically it is in very good condition for its age I would rank it 8/10, I have seen many of these units now and this one is very nice.
2) The display has been relaced by me with an OLED, looks amazing from any angle
3) I have installed a ARTMIX SD card reader and a 1GIG card inside that sits with the factory HD.  It will boot from this drive and it works great. It has the original HST bank on it for calibration
4) The original HD actually works, it has a number of news station sequences on it
5) The unit has been calibrated and it works very well.

The not so good:
1) the contrast knob is missing... not an issue as there is NO contrast with OLED.
2) only 14 voices are currently running, the other two have some shadow voicing when activated. I am sure they can be fixed, as all 16 were working when I got it.  I have disabled the voices right now, so you dont notice they are not there.
3) The buttons need to be replaced at some point.  I will include a complete new set of switches with the unit, but these work when depressed firmly I just dont have the time to resolder all of them.  If this is a hold up for the sale, I will take care it the labor before shipping
4) It has some background whine on the right channel in the stereo outs.  This is a common problem, I have done the recommended jumper wiring via the E-mu TSB but I still have some whine in the background.  I am sure that someone can trouble shoot this.

I will be happy to send photos to anyone, or answer any questions.  I will also be willing to build out a detailed library for the purchaser...I have SOOOOO much in the way of EIII samples.

I am asking $2900 USD firm plus actual shipping.  I will take the unit into a mailing house that will pack and insure it.  As always, please don't freak out if it is not working on arrival, it will undoubtedly need cards reseated...

Please PM me with questions, or email me.

If you are based in Germany, I travel to Germany about once a month, I am willing to bring it with me on the plane to Frankfurt.
the_key

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 02:37:29 PM »

is this still available?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - FS:EIII Keyboard 8Meg/New OLED/SDCARD/Working HD

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines