E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII missing RAM daughter board

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:19:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII missing RAM daughter board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII missing RAM daughter board  (Read 2101 times)
justnoise

« on: July 19, 2018, 02:34:15 PM »

Hello Everyone!

Just joined the forum. I've been lugging around a broken EII 6028 that i bought for $100 for about ten years now and I'm FINALLY investing the time to get it going. The unit was missing all RAM chips on the main digital board and the daughter RAM board is completely missing. It turns on and gets hung on the boot screen when a disk is inserted and will say "insert disk" when turned on with no disk inserted.

I've seen 1mb upgrade instructions, but am really trying to figure out what my options are as far as getting the RAM working. I have the diagnostics chip on it's way and have a Memory Test floppy.

Any advice or direction from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan
dfiorucci

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:38:43 PM »

Hi Do you have a Rev 1 digital board?
If so it might be an easy fix to get it to an EII +.
If you look at the digital board where the memory is it will have jumper locations labeled for 256K and 64K.
Good news is if you set the jumpers to 256k settings and put in 256K memory dram in the locations on the main digital board and replace the main and scanner eproms with + versions you should then have an EII+
The plus models didn't use the piggyback memory board.

Hope this helps
justnoise

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

Hi Do you have a Rev 1 digital board?
If so it might be an easy fix to get it to an EII +.
If you look at the digital board where the memory is it will have jumper locations labeled for 256K and 64K.
Good news is if you set the jumpers to 256k settings and put in 256K memory dram in the locations on the main digital board and replace the main and scanner eproms with + versions you should then have an EII+
The plus models didn't use the piggyback memory board.

Hope this helps

Hey thanks for the help! I have a Rev 1 board. Did you get yours to work?
dfiorucci

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 10:12:40 PM »

FyI follow my thread on Convert EII to EII+
Not there yet but gaining a bit of ground.
Thanks,
Dana
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII missing RAM daughter board

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines