E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Booting from internal HD - how to setup?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:22:43 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Booting from internal HD - how to setup?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Booting from internal HD - how to setup?  (Read 7654 times)
micromoog

« on: March 01, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »

Hi

my second EIII which came a few days ago has a fresh formated HD (done by the former owner)).

The EIII has internal OS 2.00 and starts over floppy with 2.42.

I saved the software on HD (Master->Disk Util...->Save Software), also i saved an empty bank to the HD.

When i turn on the machine only a endless-cycle with floppy/SCSI-Scanning happens!

Whats the secret?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:05:58 AM by micromoog » Logged
chris raw

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

Hi

I do have the same thing, cause my floppy drive wasnt compatible and the EIII running in circles searching for the OS..on the new Seagate HD there isn't any OS therefore one has to load it from floppy or ZIP Disk..

WEll in your case the OS obviously is on the HD, maybe you have to check again if its really there.. maybe also the jumper on the HD are set wrong..

I did have to experiment with my jumpers cause of the SCSI ID and termination..

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:12:24 AM by chris raw » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »

Have you connected anything on the scsi port?
if so, disconnect everything. Maybe...

Greets,
Elm.
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »

Thanks for your answers!

After booting from floppy all works fine, booting without sucks!

I tested all with and without external SCSI-drives.

My first EIII  boots very well from the internal HD. I can't realize the differenz between the HD-OS-organisation (compared with the second). Huh
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:48:35 AM »

Hi Karl,

The person who installed the CF-card in his EIII is Escobar.
He already explained is in detail in this thread:
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=4.0

I've ordered all the parts to replace my HD with a CF card. I'll let you know how it works out.

Cheers,
David
ringo

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »

Hi, I'm Ringo from Italy...
I have a E-MU IIIXP rack that I have not never used why I do not have the OS disk 3.5
Where I can find it? Someone can send it to me via mail? Thanks and excuse me for my English...
rockinsamples

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:37 AM »

Hi. Just got an Emu EIII XP from eBay. Seller didn't send any OS disk; and floppy seems semi-broken. I noticed the same problem another poster to this site mention: "When i turn on the machine only a endless-cycle with floppy/SCSI-Scanning happens!
Whats the secret?"

Questions, please, for anyone who lnows the answers/has time to answer:
a) does anyone have the OS file(s) for an Emu EIII XP? (Even Emu doesn't have it on their site....)  HELP!
b) How do I get the thing to boot up, wiothout s\cycling over and over and over....?
c) I received some Emu Sample CD-Roms for an Emu e64/e6400. Would those CD-Roms (and samples on them) compatible with the Emu EIII XP?

Thanks for helping this still-clueless 'newbie' to the FABULOSO Emu sound.

Tony D.
chris raw

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »

Hi

I had this problem with the startup running in circles.

Thing is if you don't have an OS on the Harddisk then it won't boot up. My EIII also had the wrong Floppy Drive so the EIII couldn't find the OS on the floppy--> running in circles searching for OS. It seems this is your case too. Get hold of a Floppy with the OS on it, maybe check the internal connections first.

You can convert those formats with Chickensys Translator www.chickensys.com or maybe also with the exmp programm from esynthesist.

Greets Chrsitian
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »

Hi,

The OS for the EIIIX can be downloaded here:
http://users.skynet.be/emxp/EIIIXOS210.img

To copy this image to an EIIIX compatible floppy disk, you can use OmniFlop:
http://www.omniflop.com/

Download the latest version, install the floppy driver first, and then use omniflop to write the image to a disk in your WinXP PC's internal floppy drive. To do this simply *format* the disk first with omniflop using the EMAX 10*512 as the target diskformat (this works for EIIIX too). Then *write* the image to that disk with omniflop.

Concerning the E64/E6400 cdroms: EMXP can not translate those, so you'll have to try another (commercial) translator.

///E-Synthesist
rectape

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »

Can't anybody help me?

I bought an other eIIIxp with 32mb of ram and a hard drive inside.
It was running ok until I connect an external jazz drive with terminators.
Since this, I think the hard drive of my new eIIIx is deaed because when it powers on I hear the hard drive start but it stop before the "check scsi id n°2 which is the internal drive ID.

Now I got the same problem with that I had with an other EIIIx.

On startup it recognize the os but then it's a never ending search for scsi.

I tried to connect an 9.1gb hard drive bought on ebay: nothing,
I tried the cf card reader method describe on the EIII topic with acard controller and Kingston 1gb cf card: nothing.

Does anybody know if the drive you connect to this sampler need to have a formated e-mu EIIIx bank to startup correctly? How can I get it on my new drive?

I bought two of this samplers, hard drives, terminators, cf card ide adapter, ide scsi adapter and a cf card 1gb and I still don't get it...................

I'm going crazy with this stuff, what can I do? Huh

HELP HELP HELP HELP
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

AGAIN : when you format an EIII doisk,install the software and then, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, save a bank into the disk. This allows to create the directory.

I am the one who discovered the bug, I've sent an immediate fax to emu (there was no emails at this time), called them, they never changed it. Pfff... Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Booting from internal HD - how to setup?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines