E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New E-mu II owner

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:59:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  New E-mu II owner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New E-mu II owner  (Read 2167 times)
emu2will

« on: May 24, 2018, 06:42:41 PM »

Just wanted to say Hi, I?m a soon to be e-mu II owner and was wondering what restoration or upgrades are currently available. Mine will have the 2 floppy drives, considering replacing one with an SD or USB upgrade for convenience. Any thoughts or recommendations for a noob?
emu2will

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:37:04 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome! lol Seriously, I have been having a blast https://m.soundcloud.com/earthstation/e-mu-emulator-ii-1984 with my EII but have been unable to save any of my samples. After some swapping of drives, I believe that my second floppy is no good. Also, after looking into USB/SD (I do have a USB unable to make work) I am leaning towards just getting another floppy and staying old school. Any advice on how to set up the second floppy, any resources? I was going to just buy one on eBay... thanks for you expertise!
alka

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15:18 AM »

you have to have a library or bank image on the SD card to write over.. it will not write these from scratch to the SD card. Perhaps this is the issue? There are blank 'save' banks available for download over at the EII yahoo group

who

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »

Hi emu2will,

Checkout EMXP if you haven't already.  Indispensable for working with E-mu samplers in my opinion.

Once you have an HxC setup correctly, you won't look back.  There is plenty of info here and at the HxC site:

http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/index.php?sid=60127760143b4fbd1fd3ec2cb713e91b

(scroll down for sampler info)
JMP

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:11:44 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome! lol Seriously, I have been having a blast https://m.soundcloud.com/earthstation/e-mu-emulator-ii-1984 with my EII but have been unable to save any of my samples. After some swapping of drives, I believe that my second floppy is no good. Also, after looking into USB/SD (I do have a USB unable to make work) I am leaning towards just getting another floppy and staying old school. Any advice on how to set up the second floppy, any resources? I was going to just buy one on eBay... thanks for you expertise!

Good luck finding a replacement 5.25" floppy that works, they're like chicken teeth. Shugart SA-465 you need from memory to be sure of it working fine.

Appears HxC is the way to go these days ,although I've had some disappointing results with my DPX-1 using HxC (quality suffers following EII>DPX>hfe conversions).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New E-mu II owner

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines