E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Booting Problems

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:43:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Booting Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Booting Problems  (Read 3306 times)
captainjc

« on: May 21, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »

(Sorry folks in the yahoogroup too, I posted there as well.)
I left my EII alone for a couple of months and now she is mad at me. I turn her on and insert disk, she acts like she's loading for a few seconds and then I get messages on the display like below (different every time). None of the buttons work and no sound. Any ideas what it could be?

I've gone through and wiggled all the ICs and made sure all the ribbon connectors are good. I'm hoping this is something simple...

P0:X%N9Yqw+w!E!
     ==========

P01 NL BCo Take
File not found

This will take
File not found

P00 will take
File not found

You Love Don't Love
Me Anymore. I am sad.

(ok just kidding about the last one)

Thanks,
Jeremy
captainjc

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »

Sad

Oh boy. Now I seem to have made it worse. I decided to do a more thorough job reseating all the ics. I pried each one up slightly and pushed it back down. Now it says

***Emulator 2***
Boot in Progress

Then the top disk drive light goes on. If there's a disk in it, I hear loading sounds, then the screen goes blank. If not it just stays on that screen. If there's a disk in the lower drive, same as no disk.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 03:32:07 AM »

Again, again, and again....

Dismount the power supply card and re-solder (after taking the old soldering away) the molex solderings wich are crackeled. You may see as well that the molex connector (the one with the coloured cables) the yellow cable seem to be overheaten, brown. Clean it, or change it.
captainjc

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 07:14:19 AM »

Ok, the symptoms seemed different so I wasn't sure. I'm not too handy with solder so I'll see if I can get my friend to help. Thanks Dr. C!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

Its a very "classical" problem on E2's
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Booting Problems

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines