E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP: Invalid SoundFont Error 72

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:07:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EMXP: Invalid SoundFont Error 72
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMXP: Invalid SoundFont Error 72  (Read 2013 times)
who

« on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »

The SoundFonts I create result in error 72 when used in EMXP.  What can I do to avoid this error?

Thanks!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:41:58 AM »

Error 72 means that a mandatory field is missing in the SF2 files. The SoundFont2 standard describes what fields MUST be present in an SF2 file to consider it valid.
In this case the missing field is the "target sound engine", which is mandatory in SF2 files.
Although this is not a very important field (anymore) for softsynths and softsamplers EMXP is currently strictly complying with the SF2 standard. I'm working on version 2.10 right now, and since other people had the same problem, I will make EMXP more tolerant in the next version  Wink

Anyway, here is how you can currently solve the problem:
Download the free Viena soundfont editor software (note: I mean the Viena free software, not the original Vienna editor from Creative which requires a creative soundcard).

Then follow the following steps:
1/ Load your soundfont2 file in Viena (File -> Open)
2/ At the bottom window, in the small "window" called "SoundFont File Information", scroll down the list. The last parameter is called Target Engine. Put a value in the blank field at the right of it. Any value is OK, e.g. "blabla"
3/ Press the button "Save Changes" at the right of that small window (still in the bottom half of the main window)
4/ Then save the complete soundfont file with File -> Save As...
The file is OK now for EMXP.
who

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:43:01 AM »

Thank you esynthesist for your software and help!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EMXP: Invalid SoundFont Error 72

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines