E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Can anyone sell me the e2 library on cd / dvd in original format ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:04:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Can anyone sell me the e2 library on cd / dvd in original format ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can anyone sell me the e2 library on cd / dvd in original format ?  (Read 2402 times)
jachin boaz

« on: April 20, 2010, 03:12:58 AM »

Hi

i just picked up an e2 but with zero sounds , can anyone help me and sell me the original libraries in native e2 format ? on cd or dvd so i can create my own floppy disks  , i will pay a fair price and can also trade shedloads of soundfont samples.

many thanks

jack
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:38 AM »

Hi Jack:

Someone here with more expertise can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, you can't simply create your own floppy disks for the Emulator using disk images. No modern (or even vintage) computer equipment has the ability to write the Emulator II images to a 5 1/4" floppy.

There are only two ways to get EII sounds and banks into your machine:

1. Manually sample sounds via the 1/4" unbalanced analog input and roll your own banks. Very time consuming.

2. Connect your Emulator to a vintage Macintosh computer running Sound Designer for EII via the RS422 port (labeled "Computer Interface"). This will only work if your Emulator II contains a Rev. 1 digital board. Previous revisions cannot connect.

If, by luck, you have a Rev. 1 digital board and can successfully connect to your Emulator II, you can then load sounds from the computer to the Emulator and save them to floppies. But if you're already using the computer for bank management, why bother?

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
micromoog

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:40 AM »

Since i have the mac running i didn't use my floppies anymore.

If you're interseted i can sell you my collection...about 50 disks!
midipuppies

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »

I can help you out, but you will need that mac with SD and cable.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Can anyone sell me the e2 library on cd / dvd in original format ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines