E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New EII+ owner... few problems

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:12:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  New EII+ owner... few problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New EII+ owner... few problems  (Read 3108 times)
tyler477

« on: June 30, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »

Hey guys, glad to call myself an eII owner! I got some disks too if anyone would like to trade!

2 problems:

some keys very unresponsive... have to hit them pretty hard to trigger... any good method to cleaning the contacts? eraser method like polysix?

also I am getting a faint line level hum for the mix output jack.. the emu is still totally usable this way, but it is nagging at me.. any other users with the same experience? maybe I just need to you the 8 outputs rather than the mix out?

Looks like I ot my emu just in ttime for the usb interface!! Very excited, you guys will see me in here a lot!! Smiley
tyler477

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »

here's some pics of her and the new ob-xa:

http://tinyurl.com/23hqun7
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »

One product is fantastic to clean the veyboard contacts : KF F2, its not agressive, never use eraser, its not the same technology.
You have to take away the keyboard, dismount it, you will find how it works...
Take a SOFT paper cloth and put some F2 on it, then clean the contacts, PCB and rubbers.

One thing at a time, maybe the jack plug is bad or the output circuit.
tyler477

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:22:07 AM »

wow, thanks for the fast response! I'll take her apart tomorrow, any tips on dismounting the keys?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »

Don't dismount the keys ! For God's sake !

Open ypur machine, unscrew the big screws holding the keyboard to the chassis.
Disconnect the flat cable, take the keyboard apart, close the machine temporarily and put it appart.

Put the keyboard on its back. You will see metal partas wich are bent, you have to de bent the with pliers, GENTLY, till they are aligned with the slots.

Pfff, I'm tired... take a picture of the underneath of the kaybaors, I will show on the picture.
tyler477

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:41:51 AM »

Hey Doc! After working the keys for a few more hours it seems they are nearly 100 % with no operation needed,
Now to try tackling the mix output hum down.....
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:09 AM »

Near the output jack plug, there must be a TL084. or an MC34004P, its IC96. Change it after verifying if its not the jack plug wich is faulty
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New EII+ owner... few problems

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines