E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emualtor II: DREM Install Work Log & Video Blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:25:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emualtor II: DREM Install Work Log & Video Blog
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emualtor II: DREM Install Work Log & Video Blog  (Read 2917 times)
azone

« on: July 30, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »

This thread will document the process of installing the DREM drive emulator into a bunch of EII's.
Before installing the DREM I will document the process of upgrading the base EII model to EII+HD spec.

Here is a basic list of what is being done:
1) Upgrade (2) EII to EII+ by completing the EII factory upgrade process.
2) Upgrade (3) EII+ to EII+HD by installing the Adaptec ACB-4000A, E-Mu SCSI adapter, and any new hardware/brackets necessary.
3) Install the DREM boards along w/ 6.5" 800 x 640 Displays
4) Replace boot and scanner ROM's as necessary to support the final EII configs (basically EII+HD firmware)

One important milestone right now is to redesign the E-Mu SCSI Adapter. We don't currently have one on hand, so if you have one please send me a PM and let me know. Likewise, if you have an EII+HD and are looking to upgrade to DREM and want to send us your EII we can upgrade for parts costs only (free labor) in exchange for us having access to the darn E-Mu SCSI board.

Below is the first video blog entry.
https://youtu.be/ANhMYm8bHtc
azone

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 03:17:54 PM »

Thanks to a fellow user I have some good pics of the EII SCSI board.
It's very simple - looks like buffers, pulldown resistor networks and glue logic for the Z80 serial IO peripheral.
There's a sticker over IC2 and IC4, if anyone can confirm what part number they are would be great.

If I'm able to capture the schematic from just the pics it should be pretty obvious when everything is correct - but I'd still like to get one here to check in person if anyone can send one for a day or two.

brian_ronn

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 07:19:16 AM »

Hi Azone

Have you done any further progress with the scsi interface remake?

Do you still need to identify two of the IC's on the scsi board to be able to finish the scsi board?

Best regards

Brian
dfiorucci

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:15:20 PM »

Hi Azone,
I sent you the schematics IC2 74HCT74,  IC4 74HCT74.
Thanks,
Dana
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emualtor II: DREM Install Work Log & Video Blog

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines