E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII repairs: memory test disk?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:05:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII repairs: memory test disk?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII repairs: memory test disk?  (Read 3008 times)
creatorlars

« on: April 29, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »

Hi Everyone!  This is my first post on this forum.
I have an Emulator II to repair that is having an issue with freezing on "Boot in Progress".  My client supplied pretty exhaustive documentation and ROM images, but I don't have a Memory Test Disk, as described under diagnostic procedures for this issue in the documentation. 
Please let me know if there is a source for this disk, I would appreciate any help!
Cheers,
Lars
creatorlars

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

Please feel free to write me directly: creatorlars@gmail.com
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:33:46 AM »

Does your drive clik three times and freeze with "Boot in progress" ?
creatorlars

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »

Hi dr c!  Thanks for the reply.

I'm getting intermittent behavior when powering up this unit.  Sometimes it will not even power on.  Other times it will act as you describe.  And other times it seems to get a bit further, with more disk drive noises and some flashing LEDs.  This is my first time working on an Emulator II and I have all the schematics.  I'd really like to get this fixed for my client, it's in beautiful shape and he's done a lot of restoration work on it already!

Any diagnosis help is extremely appreciated.

Cheers,
Lars
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:11 AM »

No answer ....

Take off the power supply of the bracket and take off the soldering of the Molex connectors (multicoloured cables, wich are certainly "dry".
Re-solder, verify the Molex connector, especially on the yellow wire, it may be burned, brown, overheaten. Clean it or change it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII repairs: memory test disk?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines