E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII will not start up - Do you know that problem?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:59:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII will not start up - Do you know that problem?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII will not start up - Do you know that problem?  (Read 5118 times)
Gul Dukat

« on: April 30, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »

Hi,
after my relocation I  tried to set up my EIII in the studio but it don't start up anymore. When I switch the power on the LEDs are shortly flash and the whole display is filled with black rectangles instead of characters. There is no access to the floppy disk as well.
I tried several times to check inside if the connections to motherboard, cables are correct but couldn't find anything strange.
Maybe you had sometime a similar behaviour and have an idea what could be wrong?
Question to the guys from Germany. Do you know an alternative to PMS service department in Minden? It's not that I doubt their capability but the location is about 4 hours away from my home and they need weeks until I can get it back. Any experiences with Achim Lenzgen from Synthesizer Department? Is he able to service an EIII ?
Thanks for any hints!
 Matt.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:47:34 PM by Gul Dukat » Logged

E-mu Emulator II+, E-mu Emulator III, E-mu Emax II Turbo, E-mu E6400 Ultra, E-mu Drumulator
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »

EIIIs don't like any movement...

when you've luck, then only the multi-pin-conectors between the PCBs have no contact.
Open the case and remove and reset all conectors, maybe there is oxidation - i had a problem like that too, now it works all fine!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:45:30 PM by micromoog » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:04 AM »

Hi Matt,

First check all the connectors as Micromoog described.

If that didn't help then recalibrate the power supply as described here: http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=8.0

David
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:11:12 PM »

My second EIII rack has this same problem.

It starts up fine, but the display is totally blacked out by black pixels.  Meaning every black pixel is showing/displaying a black pixel.

Gul Dukat did you ever get yours working?  If so how?

I haven't tried re-calibrating the second EIII racks psu I guess that will be the next step.

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »

A VERY USUAL breakdown is the failure of an integrated circuit 74HCT240 wich is IC244, on the processor board, if I remember well, I have to get a picture of the board !
The circuit is located along the side of the processor board wich had the flat cables coming to it. Take a picture and put it here !

Before messing around, verify if the ram SIMMS of the microcontroler board (the one on the top) is not dislogged.
lubb

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:17:42 PM »

I also faced that non-booting issue, and resolved it by taking everything out (flat cables, PSU cables, boards, memory chips), and cleaned all contacts with a contact cleaner... Now works fine...
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 04:23:56 AM »

PERFECT !

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII will not start up - Do you know that problem?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines