E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Bad memory bank

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:40:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII Bad memory bank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Bad memory bank  (Read 1220 times)
gianfra53

« on: December 17, 2021, 06:01:48 AM »

Hi there,
I?m about to renew my old EIII keyboard (4MB, V1) and I need some help from you. A brief description of I did:
1)   The original HD (Seagate ST251N) was definitively gone, horrible noise come from it, no chance to find an active IDC50 terminator in Europe so I?ve removed the board from it in order to terminate the internal SCSI chain, it works, but I lose obviously any bank and sound that I made in the past.
2)   I?ve bought from Sampler Zone an external unit SCSI2SD (5.2 version DB25 SCSI cable). It works pretty well and EIII boot from it (OS 2.42), but I must load the 4 devices with some usable samples.
3)   I?ve recalibrated, and then checked the memory banks, it tells me ?Bad memory bank at IC64?
4)   I?ve download EMXP (thank you Kris for your invaluable work) onto an HP xw 8200 (windows 7) in order to load some banks into the SD card provided by Sampler Zone and perform a new install card, but I?ve just realized that is impossible via USB connection, so I ordered an Adaptec AVA-2902BE hopefully to solve the problem.
My questions:
I'm on the right track to bring my EIII back to life?
Any chances to find an 256 kb memory bank or upgrade it at 8MB V2 at reasonable costs?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated thanks.
Regards
Gianfranco
Deft

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 05:52:55 AM »

Hi there!

You can use this link for memory upgrade:
https://reverb.com/item/43314643-e-mu-systems-emulator-iii-1987-memory-expansion-upgrade-8mb-eiii-e3

Regards,
Kirill
gianfra53

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 06:15:36 AM »

@Kirill
Thank you for the link !!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Bad memory bank

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines